FM14 Stories

Photo

The Grand Finale!

• Please log in to reply
1447 replies to this topic

Poll: Where to go in FM 14? (47 member(s) have cast votes)

What country should I manage in on FM 14?

1. Austria (9 votes [19.15%])

Percentage of vote: 19.15%

2. Croatia (15 votes [31.91%])

Percentage of vote: 31.91%

3. Poland (16 votes [34.04%])

Percentage of vote: 34.04%

4. Serbia (7 votes [14.89%])

Percentage of vote: 14.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1001 Acss

Acss

Icon

• Administrators
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Pff...I didn't think of that, makes sense as he would probably be around 38 if I'm not mistaken :)

Posted Image

#1002 Ben

Ben

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

Pff...I didn't think of that, makes sense as he would probably be around 38 if I'm not mistaken :)

Haha, he's 41 and currently an unemployed manager. Might make him part of my backroom staff for Sweden...

#1003 Wicklander

Wicklander

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Nice wins in the beginning with Sweden. What formation do you use?

My Stories:

World Traveler - Currently with Guangzhou from China and New Zealand National Team.

Journey in Brazil - Working with Youths.

Tutorials

Tips When Writing a Story - Some basic tips for new writers.

Basic Editing with GIMP - Basic copy/paste turorial to save space with your images.

Story Ideas - A list of challanges for FM games. The Challanges are still valid but some examples may be out of date.

"The formula for winning games is to have a stable defence, hungry midfield and lethal strikers."

Websites (in swedish):

www.wicklander.se

#1004 Ben

Ben

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

Nice wins in the beginning with Sweden. What formation do you use?

Thanks mate, hopefully the results can carry on like that. As for the tactic here it is:

swedentacticsoverview.png

:D

#1005 cheesypieleo

cheesypieleo

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

just read through this whole story in about 2 hours. Fantastic journey, fantastic results! Good luck with Sweden and Leverkusen, I'll be checking regularly for updates! 

Corinthian Not So Casual!

http://www.footballm...-not-so-casual/

#1006 Ben

Ben

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

just read through this whole story in about 2 hours. Fantastic journey, fantastic results! Good luck with Sweden and Leverkusen, I'll be checking regularly for updates! 

Thanks for taking the time to read it mate, I hope I can keep up the success I've had so far!

#1007 Ben

Ben

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

Good morning everyone and welcome to my next installment. But first can I just say a massive thank you to everyone for voting this as story of the month. All your support means a lot and is much appreciated so thank you! And secondly, I hope you've all had a nice Easter and eaten loads of Chocolate as I have nearly eaten all mine and suddenly I don't feel so festive!

Transfers

I just brought in 3 youngsters on top of what I had already brought in. All of them look like excellent prospects for the club.

aymanelsayedoverviewpro.png

Another one I brought from Metalist as he found himself transfer listed! Has excellent attributes and when his mental stats improve he should become a world class defensive midfielder! Cost me £1.3m.

simonmikkelsenoverviewp.png

This lad cost me 700k from Brondby and is my natural replacement for Techera in a few years. Has been sent out on loan to Nordsjaelland (or however you spell it!) to gain some experience and he has flourished!

georgequarteyoverviewpr.png

Brought in from Sporting for a measly 700k. Has great potential and will develop a season in the U18's before next season when he will be promoted to the 1st team.

Cup

I rested all my starting lineup for this as I felt the league was more important and it showed as we didn't last long...

bayer04leverkusenfixtur.png

We started well enough with Clerc bagging a hattrick on his debut but we were soon put in our place by Frankfurt who comfortably beat us.

League

bayer04leverkusenfixtur.png

A very good start has led to us being unbeaten but we have had a very unhealthy amount of draws which has set us back and at one point we'd only won 1 in 5. Did these set us back and by how much?

germanfirstdivisionoverv.png

It hasn't and we lead the way! Dortmund trail us and I'd be surprised if this doesn't go to the last day to be honest.But Munich have had a shocker and a change of manager doesn't seem to have worked so that's a real shame...not!!!

Sweden

Just the one match this time around and it was an important match against Bosnia at home in a qualifier. Could we snatch an all important win?

swedenvbosniaherzegovin.png

A very good victory and what I found good was that Guidetti was in fact sent off for a 2nd yellow in the 45th minute for diving! The team then played better despite having no striker on the pitch!. Fredriksson hadn't been in the squad before due to injury so here he is:

ramifredrikssonoverview.png

Talented but injuries have halted his career somewhat. Now has a broken leg and will be sorely missed in the camp. Unlike this player who annoyed me...

benheronnewsinbox.png

I dropped him from the squad for someone else which he didn't like. I then told him that it was time for the next generation of Swedish players to come through and then this happened. Could still have been useful but he brought it on himself!

And here's our group standings:

europeanchampionshipqua.png

We sit 2nd but Ukraine have responded well to being beaten by us. We will surely overtake them soon, especially if Slovakia are going to play that bad again!

Oh Dear FM...

This doesn't even make sense...

benheronnewsinbox2.png

Just awful! My laptop actually shut down after this game hence why it says 2-0 in the fixtures but I felt this staggeringly clever pun was worth a show.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your comments!

#1008 Wicklander

Wicklander

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:14 AM

Love the tactic you have with Sweden. Alwqys thought that would suit them better than the usual 4-4-2 diamond. Great work with Leverkusen. :)

My Stories:

World Traveler - Currently with Guangzhou from China and New Zealand National Team.

Journey in Brazil - Working with Youths.

Tutorials

Tips When Writing a Story - Some basic tips for new writers.

Basic Editing with GIMP - Basic copy/paste turorial to save space with your images.

Story Ideas - A list of challanges for FM games. The Challanges are still valid but some examples may be out of date.

"The formula for winning games is to have a stable defence, hungry midfield and lethal strikers."

Websites (in swedish):

www.wicklander.se

#1009 Darren Smith

Darren Smith

Icon

• Administrators
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

Well done, some good results in Germany and all looks good on the Sweden front too, fingers crossed for a successful season.

Posted Image

#1010 GChaddah98

GChaddah98

Legend

• Tactical Master
  • 2,683 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, England

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

Good work mate, the league form is looking solid enough and you should be able to hold for the title and those regens are looking very good. Thins are also looking good International wise, well done. 

#1011 Pedro Fontan

Pedro Fontan

Icon

• Prince
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationStafford

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

Some great buys there! Certainly doing well in the league could definetly go and win it now! and shame about the Cup! Good luck for the rest of the season and it's also looking good with Sweden, hopefully you can progress!
FM was on fire yesterday with the puns !

Current Story- Uniao Atlético Povoense- Climbing the Pyramid
http://www.footballm...son-revolution/

Other Stories- Vasco da Gama FM Journey
http://www.footballm...e-introduction/

#1012 Ben

Ben

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Love the tactic you have with Sweden. Alwqys thought that would suit them better than the usual 4-4-2 diamond. Great work with Leverkusen. :)

Cheers mate, we have some good wingers and our cm's are quite solid and it gives us a good balance between attack and defence.

Well done, some good results in Germany and all looks good on the Sweden front too, fingers crossed for a successful season.

Thanks mate, apart from the cup we have been in good form, just need to stop the draws now!

Good work mate, the league form is looking solid enough and you should be able to hold for the title and those regens are looking very good. Thins are also looking good International wise, well done. 

Cheers mate, if we can stop the annoying draws we can pull away further still as they have been holding us back. Qualification should be ours but we can't afford to get complacent!

Some great buys there! Certainly doing well in the league could definetly go and win it now! and shame about the Cup! Good luck for the rest of the season and it's also looking good with Sweden, hopefully you can progress!
FM was on fire yesterday with the puns !

Thanks mate, the league is looking promising but the cup was a sickener as I fancied us to beat Frankfurt at home and with Sweden we have a good enough team so we should qualify.

It had it's moments ;)

#1013 jonathancarver

jonathancarver

Icon

• Moderators
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Well done mate, you've had a good start to both of your new jobs! Keep it up and qualification and the title will be yours!

Check out my Stories

FM 2013

Lost Behind the Iron Curtain

FM 2012

Birtley Town

#1014 Ben

Ben

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

Well done mate, you've had a good start to both of your new jobs! Keep it up and qualification and the title will be yours!

Thanks mate, the winter break doesn't seem to have slowed us down either as we've started with a bang after it! With Sweden, we should qualify as we've played two of the toughest teams and won but we can't get careless as Ukraine looked to have picked up after their defeat to us!

#1015 Declan Byrnes

Declan Byrnes

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • LocationEssex, England

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

Great start to the season mate, and some top youngsters brought in :) Solid start with Sweden as well!

muambad.png

#1016 Jake Lenahan

Jake Lenahan

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts
  • LocationManchester

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Leverkusen-sational! 

I thought it was moderately clever.. even if it doesn't roll off the tongue ;)

Looking decent in both jobs mate, KIU!

#1017 Ben

Ben

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Great start to the season mate, and some top youngsters brought in :) Solid start with Sweden as well!

Cheers mate, it is going well but Dortmund have strengthened heavily in January so we have to be wary of them catching us further as our lead has been cut further. With Sweden, I honestly feel we can go far in the Euros, if we qualify and have a fully fit squad, as our starting lineup is strong!

Leverkusen-sational! 

I thought it was moderately clever.. even if it doesn't roll off the tongue ;)

Looking decent in both jobs mate, KIU!

Haha, it's not the worst I've ever seen but it's certainly down there! Just have to hope the players can keep their form up now...

#1018 Johnny Karp

Johnny Karp

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 858 posts
  • LocationBucharest

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

Good results and great youngsters coming in, well done! 

“When we have the ball, we can’t lose it. And when that happens, run and get it back. That is it, basically." - Pep Guardiola

FootballManagerStory.com

#1019 Archie

Archie

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

Leverkusen-sational. Oh dear. But a great start and I'm sure you'll hold on for the title.

newport_signature_zps945d3c1b.png

#1020 Ben

Ben

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

Good results and great youngsters coming in, well done!

Cheers mate, the league is so close at the moment, looks like it might go down to the last day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users