#1 mufcvarun

mufcvarun

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon Tyne

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Hello all and welcome to my first Brazil update. Yes you might say how easy but I feel Brazil isn’t the team they used to be with Pele and all them. And currently in my save they are 17th in the world rankings. So my aims are to get Brazil back to glory days. Right so this isn’t a introduction this will involve two games against Panama at home then Colombia at home. They are at very different times the Panama game is on the 27th March and the Colombia game in on the 7th June. The Colombia game will be 10 days before the Confederations Cup.

That’s enough blabbing let’s get right into the action with the squad for both the games:
SQUAD:

Goalkeepers (3) – Jefferson, Victor, Rafael

Defenders (8) – Adriano, Andre Santos, River, Dede, David Luiz, Daniel Alves, Thiago Silva, Maicon

Midfielders (8) – Ganso, Hernanes, Hulk, Lucas Leiva, Ronaldinio Gaucho, Luiz Gustavo, Sandro, Ramires

Forwards (4) – Leandro Damiao, Neymar, Robinho, Pato
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

BRAZIL MEET EXPECTATIONS IN DOMINANT WIN

Brazil 5-0 Panama (Friendly)

Brazil fans celebrated an emphatic 5-0 win at Engenhao this evening. A brace from Dede helped Brazil to victory.

Flamboyant winger Robinho got Brazil off to a flyer with a well executed finish on 6 minutes. An error from Panama’s Federico Martinez allowed Brazil captain Thiago Silva to score a well timed finish from close range. Dede scored with a well timed header from just inside the six yard box in the 43rd minute to make it 3-0.

Dede added his 2nd goal of the game with a good finish from close range to make it 4-0 after 51 minutes. Chelsea winger finally finished it off with a well timed close range effort on 68 minutes.

Player of the Match: Dede (Brazil)

ATTENDANCE: 44,000

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Two good solid wins there to start my reign in charge! Hopefully we can take the form into the Confederations Cup.

So that’s all from me today I will be back very soon with a special Confederations Cup update. So as usual please leave your feedback and I look forward to reading to them and replying to them but for now,

BYE! :P
  • Abir likes this

Please read my story: You'll Never Walk Alone

"It is unfortunate but I am the manager of the most famous club in the world. Not Newcastle, a wee club in the north east. - Sir Alex Ferguson

#2 NUFCdan

NUFCdan

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts
  • LocationNewcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

Good start mate!

Follow me on Twitter - @danwright1999

#3 mufcvarun

mufcvarun

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

Good start mate!

Thanks Dan!

"It is unfortunate but I am the manager of the most famous club in the world. Not Newcastle, a wee club in the north east. - Sir Alex Ferguson

#4 Archie

Archie

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

Two solid wins, good luck mate.

newport_signature_zps945d3c1b.png

#5 mufcvarun

mufcvarun

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Two solid wins, good luck mate.

Thanks Archie!

#6 royman

royman

Squad member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Nice start mate, best of luck

#7 mufcvarun

mufcvarun

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:07 AM

Nice start mate, best of luck

Thanks mate!

#8 mufcvarun

mufcvarun

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Hello everyone and welcome back to my Brazil story. Last time I introduced the story and showed you two games which we won 5-0 v Panama and 2-0 v Colombia. Now this is a special Confederations Cup update. We were put in group B alongside Italy, Japan and Tahiti (a team I've never heard of!) Right so first thing I will do is show you the 23 man squad for the tournament:

Goalkeepers (3) - Jefferson, Rafael, Fabio

Defenders (7) - Adriano, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Rever, Daniel Alves, Dede, Maicon

Midfielders (8) - Ganso, Hernanes, Oscar, Sandro, Ramires, Lucas Leiva, Hulk, Luiz Gustavo, Wellingtom Nem

Forwards (4) - Robinho, Neymar, Pato, Leandro Damiao

So our first game was v Japan where we took a nervy 1-0 win.
Posted Image

Posted Image
A decent start was hoping for a bit more but a win is a win!
Next up we faced a tough game v the Italians where we were the underdogs.
Posted Image
Posted Image
What a result for us. I was so proud of my boys for pulling of a great upset. Next we faced an easy task against Tahiti.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Six of the best from the Brazilian boys!! And look at the stats 21 shots to 1. Bit embarrassing for Tahiti but we completely dominated! So that was the end of the group stages so here's the final table:
Posted Image
Topping the group with 9 points out of a possible 9 which was great so we were into the semi finals were we would take on Uruguay.

Posted Image
We were out. But Uruguay are a great team so nothing to be ashamed of. We still had a 3/4th play off where we would play: Japan. The team who we had in our group where we won so that was the advantage.
Posted Image
What a game! Japan really put up a fight but we were still 3rd in the tournament so we had a good tournament! Unluckily we didn't bring glory though which I was disappointed about but on the bright side we still achieved a good solid 3rd place!
That's the end of this update please leave your feedback as usual I look forward to reading and replying to them. But for now
BYE!

#9 NUFCdan

NUFCdan

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

Unlucky about losing to uruguay but 3rd place is no disgrace!

#10 mufcvarun

mufcvarun

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

Unlucky about losing to uruguay but 3rd place is no disgrace!

You right there is nothing wrong with 3rd! Thanks mate!

#11 Darren Smith

Darren Smith

Icon

• Administrators
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

Surprised to see you lose against Uruguay but International Football is very difficult to predict, doesn't matter who you're against, nothing's certain in the knockout rounds of any major competition. Unlucky really.
Posted Image

#12 Archie

Archie

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

Apart from the Uruguay result, a brilliant start to your career. Good luck in the future.

newport_signature_zps945d3c1b.png

#13 mufcvarun

mufcvarun

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

Surprised to see you lose against Uruguay but International Football is very difficult to predict, doesn't matter who you're against, nothing's certain in the knockout rounds of any major competition. Unlucky really.

I don't know what happened on the game. Same tactics but Uruguay are a good team. Thanks Darren!

#14 mufcvarun

mufcvarun

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

Apart from the Uruguay result, a brilliant start to your career. Good luck in the future.

Cheers mate. Were up 2 6th in the rankings from 25th!

#15 mufcvarun

mufcvarun

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

Hello everyone and welcome back to my Brazil save. Last time we achieved a decent 3rd place in the Confederations Cup now we play three friendlies v Wales, France and Ghana. Lets get to it! First up the squad for the games:

Goalkeepers (3) - Diego Alves, Jefferson, Rafael

Defenders (8) - David Luiz, Maicon, Rever, Dede, Daniel Alves, Marcelo, Adriano, Rafinhia

Midfielders (8) - Oscar, Sandro, Lucas Leiva, Hernanes, Hulk, Lucas Moura, Wellington Nem

Forwards (4) - Pato, Neymar, Robinho, Leandro Damiao

First up Wales at home.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
A good win over a good Wales side. May be only 1-0 but we got the win which is most important. We had to leave it late for a Robinho late winner!
Next up France away.

Posted Image
Posted Image

What an unlucky defeat. I have to say though France are a quality side so nothing to be ashamed of.
Now finally a trip to Ghana.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
A decent draw against a quality Ghana side.
So that wasn't the best time we played 3 there won just 1 lost 1 and drew 1. We must make sure we make some good form now woth the World Cup next year.
That's that's the end please leave your comments and I look forward to reading and replying to them.
Thanks for reading,
BYE!

#16 Declan Byrnes

Declan Byrnes

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • LocationEssex, England

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

A tough few games there mate, but this is all really just warm up to the World Cup on home soil! :D Good luck!

muambad.png

#17 mufcvarun

mufcvarun

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

A tough few games there mate, but this is all really just warm up to the World Cup on home soil! :D Good luck!

Thanks Declan. Although it may just seen to be a friendly I still would like to grab a win.

#18 NUFCdan

NUFCdan

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

A few tough games there, playing the better teams will set you up nicely for the world cup!

#19 mufcvarun

mufcvarun

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

A few tough games there, playing the better teams will set you up nicely for the world cup!

Thanks Dan!

#20 Darren Smith

Darren Smith

Icon

• Administrators
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Not the best results to be fair but Friendlies can be very weird, the underdogs raise their game and the favorites always seem too complacent.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users