No replies to this topic

#1 Gorrie11

Gorrie11

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:17 PM

I have been a huge FM fan from the days of Champ Man. Every year I but the latest game, start off as a big club (Chelsea) to get used to the latest updates and tactics etc.

This year has been no different, Started as Chelsea, however i didnt even finish my first season before i decided i needed to challenge myself.

So i started off with Newcastle with the aim of winning the Championship and moving up into prem and slowly gaining Prem stability.

So my first season and wow what a season, couple of low key signings to start me off..

In               
Charles N'zogbia - Free
Kuki - £1.7m
Dan Gosling - £4.7m
David Raya - £5m
Steven Caulker - £11m

Out
Perez - £5.25
Lascelle - £8.5m
Diame - £7m

New signings secured, it was time to sort out my tactics. I went for a 4231 control style and boy, did it work.

17 games in and in all comps i was undefeated, 13 wins and 4 draws, 40 goals and 15 conceded. i was absolutely flying in the league. Dwight Gayle my first choice striker was scoring for absolute fun. 18 goals in 17 games the fella was on fire.

So during this run my EFL Cup run started, 2nd round put me up against Forrest away, tricky fixture playing away from home but we were in good form so i was confident of a win. 4-1 win buzzing.

2nd round, put me up against Everton away. A prem club, away from home, im thinking see ya EFL Cup. how wrong was i, 1-0 up Christian Atsu 78th min love life.. then disaster 82nd min equaliser.. their celebrations didnt last long Matt Ritchie instantly replies with a 30 yard screamer and i legit smashed my room up celebrating. game ends 2-1 and i was through.

3rd round another prem club in Tottenham and what a game. end to end stuff the whole game, i go 1-0 up inside the 2nd min and i am gassed, then the pull it to 1-1 and i thought here we go.. and then just before half time who pops up? my fucking g Dwight Gayle.. we hold out for the whole of the 2nd half and i am buzzing, won the game 2-1, up next quarter final vs Wolves - away.

back into Championship action and after suffering my first defeat of the season to an abysmal 3-1 hammering by Preston where the were down to 10 men after 30 mins and i still lose, terrible performance i was frothing! i needed to bounce back and get back to winning ways, i did so by beating Cardiff 2-0 and then a further 8 games undefeated really set the pace at the top of the league.

during this 9 game run, i had my quarter final vs Wolves, a little happier it wasnt a prem team, but still a tough game non the less.

A boring game 0-0 half time and looked like it was going to a bore draw, when Atsu pops up in the 79min to put us 1-0 up and the my boy Dwight sealing the tie and we finish 2-0... i was in the semi final.. sat watching the draw Myself, Watford, Chelsea and Stoke.. Watford be my preferred draw but OBVIOUSLY i got Chelsea first leg at home.. brilliant, semi finals out the window..

so i was into Jan and i needed to make a few more signings and did i make so huge signings or what..

In

Wickham

Cleverley

Joe Gomez

Carl Jenkinson

Rob Holding

Sergi Canos

Mbappe

Out

Mitrovic

Colback

Shelvey

Dummett

Mbemba

Having only lost 2 games all so season so far, i was top of the pile over Christmas and feeling very confident in going all the way and becoming champs.

Jan brought me the FA Cup 3rd round vs Barnet who I disposed of easily. next up was the game id been dreading.. EFL Cup semi final leg one vs Chelsea at the Bridge.. Nervous of an absolute drumming we kicked off chances for both teams through the first half but come the half time whistle it was all square at 0-0..

second half kicks off, would be happy with a draw at The Bridge, cant moan at that.. then the 60th min comes round and the forgotten hero Gouffran beats the defence and slips under the oncoming Courtois, ive have gone 1-0 up at the bridge there is absolute pandemonium in the stands. the game finish 1-0 and i have the upper hand going into the 2nd leg..

2 games stood between me and the semi final and straight off the back of a victory against the form prem champs i lose to Brentford 1-0 unbelievable Geoff. Next game i won and then it was the 2nd leg.

We kick off at St. James's and 7 mins in and the worst thing happens, Hazard pops up and scores and i thought fs, here we go. end to end stuff, they hit the post, they cleared off the line, absolute scenes up in the toon.. half time 1-0 Chelsea 1-1 on agg. the lads come in and i aggressively tell them its not good enough and they dont look like a team who wants to win.

out the go for the 2nd half after the hair dryer treatment from myself. Did it work i hear you cry?... 

of course it did, Matt Ritchie with an absolute boomer of a goal, top bins not a keeper in the world could have saved it. we saw the game out and it finished 1-1 and i was in the final, the scenes out on the toon that night are the stuff of legend. Newcastle a freshly relegated team were in their first final for decades. Craig Gorrie was on the lips of everyone, who was this mastermind behind this refreshed and revitalised Toon Army.

Straight after that, i lose 5-2 to Man City in the FA Cup 4th round and that was that dream over and done with.

i then lose 2-0 to QPR and i thought to myself, ffs here we go, run of bad form, but no they pulled their fingers out and didnt lose for the rest of the season and i won the league with 100 points, 14 points clear.

P46 W29 D13 L4 F89 A39 PTS100 - What season Dwight Gayle 39 goals top goal scorer.

but now is the time you have all been waiting for EFL Cup final.

the toon are at Wembley vs Watford..

the biggest Toon Army a to hit a City since the one in Japan. (ha)

little nervous about going into this game however slyly confident.

just before half time the man himself Matt Ritchie puts us 1-0 just before half time buzzing.

then the gates of hell were opened up, Matt Ritchie hatrick and Kuki pen and i win comfortably 4-0.

so my first season i won the league and the EFL Cup which, puts me into the Europa League qualifiers.. what a first season and it only gets better from here..

stay tuned for the 2nd chapter of this unbelievable journey..

mad mad mad mad

Attached Files

• Johnny Karp likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users