2 replies to this topic

#1 DiLucaHunter

DiLucaHunter

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:24 PM

Hi, Thanks for taking your time out to read my thread. Hopefully it will be either somewhat informative, or entertaining, and hopefully it also doesn't end in my abject failure and sacking. 

Intro

Seen as though this is my first FM17 save I naturally choose to start with my boyhood team Sheffield Wednesday. Wednesday haven't seen Premier League football for nearly twenty years, and the club was in a gradual decline, until Milan Mandaric purchased the club and subsequently sold it to mega-rich owner Dejhon Chansiri. With fresh investment and top class players such as; Fernando Forestieri and Barry Banan, in the 2016-16 Wednesday managed to get to the Championship Play-Off final, and were defeated Hull City at Wembley.

Pre-Season

The Board objective is to at the minimum, reach the play-offs.....No pressure then....

Finances - The starting Transfer budget was £2,000,000 , not enough to bring in top class players to push for promotion, but it means I have to be savvy in the transfer market, and I can supplement the transfer budget with player sales, however the board retain 40% of this, for for every million I make I keep £600,000.

One of the board promises is that I play attacking Football. This is something I was looking to do anyway, and something which I will be committed to doing.

Tactics - As I want to play attractive football the main way of doing this is through my tactical philosophy. I like to play a short passing, high press game. This means we close the opposition down further up the pitch and try to force them into making mistakes. I also like to build attacks from the back and with a slow tempo, try to pull the opposition out of position in order to create gaps. This is where my main attacking player come into action. 

I want my player to be able to contribute to all the phases of the game, attacking and defending, and my player recruitment will be something that reflects this.

This is a screenshot of my formation and player roles, and I also have one of team instructions:

Attached File  20161104155639_1.jpg   116.76KB   0 downloads 

Player Recruitment - From initial inspection of the team, the first thing I noticed was that the player valuations were high, and this gave me hope of raising funds if I needed. However most of the players in the championship which could improve my team had absurd valuations, this means I had to look in the lower leagues and the foreign leagues for players, or even scurry into the loan markets. The disappointing thing about this years  loan market is the lack of talent that's interested in joining. I doubt 18 years olds even from the premiership can improve my squad. As I've mentioned my initial budget was £2,000,000 and I knew I needed to raise funds. The first thing I did was look through my reserves, and we had masses of deadwood that weren't going to cut it, also the had high wages, so I'd be killing two Birds' with one stone.

The places I needed improving was defense, mainly being as my better players were injured and I needed more depth. After selling 13 players, I managed to raise £3,500,000 if I remember rightly.  Then I signed a Centre Half, and a defensive midfielder from Bolton, who has great potential. I also signed a new keeper who could pass a ball, from Barcelona B.

Attached File  20161104155710_1.jpg   50.15KB   0 downloads

It's imperative that I get to the Premier League as soon as possible, as we're projected to make an £80,000,000 loss in three years time.

Attached File  20161104155731_1.jpg   64.47KB   0 downloads

I also have a youtube video explaining in detail my pre-season if anyone's interested in Looking, it'd be much appreciated :)

https://www.youtube....h?v=gNwkpakK0s4

Thanks for reading, I will be updating this on either Sunday, or Monday.

Also I have a Twitter account!! You'll be able to get more updates from how my game's going. :)

@@DiLucaHunter

• Johnny Karp likes this

#2 DiLucaHunter

DiLucaHunter

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:11 PM

I finally have a new microphone (Blue snowball)

Plus I've uploaded the second part of my let's play, the quality is a lot better.

• Johnny Karp likes this

#3 DiLucaHunter

DiLucaHunter

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:13 PM

I was summoned to a board meeting....This was the result.

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users