16 replies to this topic

#1 Tako

Tako

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:22 PM

This is my first post and topic on this forum, so hello!

This story will entail the adventures of Double Thai (that is me) as the manager of Wrexham. This decision of making a story couldn't come at a worse time as I have exams to study for, but well, I don't mind really!

Untitled-2_zpsizow8zlv.png

Wrexham is a Vanarama National team which was founded in 1864 with a lot of competition successes over the past years. The club possesses good training facilities and adequate youth facilities, if that's of interest for you.

Image%201_zpspetctkgp.png

Here is a synopsis of Wrexham's background and what not.

Image%202_zps4lzvtnh5.png

The first installment of the story will be in effect in the next few days. I've already started my first season and I will be posting an update soon enough.

Here's just a peak though; My first few signings as the manager of Wrexham.

Image%203_zps6bvbag2t.png

Special Goals - Mainly to promote Wrexham directly without the need of play-offs. In addition, to win a couple of rounds in the cups we're participating.

On a final note, my stupid FM17 does not have the competition names in place and I'm at loss of how I could fix it.

• Johnny Karp likes this

#2 4700Voltz

4700Voltz

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:22 AM

Hey Mate, nice story.

Can you help me with entering the "Players" Forum? It says that i need a password

#3 Johnny Karp

Johnny Karp

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 858 posts
  • LocationBucharest

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:27 PM

Welcome and good luck with the story! 

“When we have the ball, we can’t lose it. And when that happens, run and get it back. That is it, basically." - Pep Guardiola

FootballManagerStory.com

#4 Tako

Tako

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:13 PM

1st Chapter (August - December 2016):

I'll begin with presenting some key players for Wrexham this season. These are manily new signings. I will also present the main tactic that will be used during my tenure at Wrexham, which is an adaptation of Darren's lower league tactic for FM17 (4-1-4-1 DM).

1. Zavon Hines

Hines_zpsva9pyaxj.png

2. Alex O'Hanlon

Image%206_zpsvxbxbnpx.png

3. Channing Campbell-Young

Image%205_zpskxftpkxv.png

4. Jack Hartley

Hartley_zpsxwffillr.png

5. Jordan White

White_zpsbrfhfqgh.png

The full squad:

squad%2016-17_zpsg3z3sn67.png

Tactics:

tactic_zpsytd6b3b1.png

The first half of the season was exceptionally good considering the players available at our disposal. We didn't score many, however, we ended up having the best defense in the league! Come January, this aided us in capturing the top of the league, for now at least.

August - December Results:

results_zpsz01buqma.png

League Table (First Half of the Season):

table_zpsg6i41sf8.png

No player really stood out, except for Sean Newton, our experienced full back. There were also some good performances from Channing Campbell-Young and Zavon Hines. In addition, I could also say that Jack Hartley has some good potential to fulfill.

On a final note, we signed Elliot Hewitt as a loan until the end of the season from Notts Co. We also managed to beat Yeovil on a cup competition by 5-2. I don't know which competition that was as my useless FM does not display any competition names! I'm guessing it was the FA cup.

vs%20yeovil_zpszexvepz3.png

That's it for the first installment of the story. I sincerely hope you enjoyed it! I'll be back with the second chapter of the story soon enough. Can we manage to be promoted directly? This will be revealed in the second update, which will come in the next few days. Peace out!

• Johnny Karp likes this

#5 Tako

Tako

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:18 PM

Hey Mate, nice story.

Can you help me with entering the "Players" Forum? It says that i need a password

Hey mate, thanks alot! I have no clue about the "Players" forum, I am able to enter it automatically, dunno what's the problem.

Welcome and good luck with the story! 

Thank you Johnny! I really appreciate these kind words.

#6 Tako

Tako

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 07:01 PM

2nd Chapter (January - June 2017):

Hello and welcome to the second chapter of my Wrexham story. As you will see, everything went as planned for Wrexham as they were promoted by capturing 1st place in the Vanarama National.

482730_20161027075936_1_zps7qmjntxk.png

I won't go into detail, but Jack Hartley was one of Wrexhams quality players this season. Here is his profile at the end of Wrexhams campaign;

482730_20161027211331_1_zpst4sejqct.png

Another quality player was Channing Campbell-Young, who played key defensive duties for our team. He scored sometimes and was solid when his tackling was in question.

482730_20161027212222_1_zpshtakk5e9.png

Another efficient player for us was Luke Moran, but he was solemnly on loan for our team. In addition, Sean Newton played very well as a full back for us this season. Anyway, here is the set of results that aided us in capturing first place in the Vanarama National;

482730_20161027080207_1_zpsb6fvt8zn.png

What is more, if its of any interest to you, check out my players ratings during my first season at Wrexham;

squadratings_zpsaxidqhag.png

On another note, we also signed Brede Hangeland as an assistant manager. He's got good stats;

482730_20161027214101_1_zpsxyzkd0a9.png

Thats kind of a short update, but the Wrexham bandwagon will be going fast from now on. We have reached Sky bet league 2 and my special goal is to avoid relegation or to achieve a mid-table finish. I'll let you have a glimpse of my 2017 transfers for Wrexham;

2017transfers_zps57js7h6f.png

Yeap, we sold a player for 2.5 mil! He was an exciting goalkeeper prospect but well, everything has a price tag. We signed quit a few players that I will be presenting in my third installment of the story. Here is the profile of the young goalkeeper we sold (he was from this years youth intake);

russell_zpsksd3kdmq.png

We also got another couple of youth prospects, a left back and a central midfielder. They will hopefully participate in our teams campaign in the near future.

I've already begun the season so the next update won't be late. Thank you and I would be grateful if you commented to the story if anything's faulty or if anything's got to be added. I'll be seeing you with the first half of the 2017-2018 season update in the next few days.

#7 Tako

Tako

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:51 PM

3rd Chapter (August - December 2017):

Hello and welcome to the third installment of my Wrexham story. As you'll see, we had a quite good first half of the season as we are currently fighting for an automatic promotion spot! This was mainly due to our sturdy defense. 

But first, let me present you some of the key signings for Wrexham this season.

1. Rhys Turner

turner_zpscsa7yhv0.png

A quaility striker was needed for us this season, and I believe that Turner is exactly that.  He's fast and efficient, I couldn't ask for more from a Sky bet league 2 striker.

2. Yusuf Mersin

mersin_zpsica3xwrw.png

After the departure of Russell, we needed a good enough goalkeeper to guide our defense. Mersin, in my opinion, is good enough.

3.Charlie Goode

goode_zps5nwemcnl.png

Goode is an excellent central defender in my opinion, and has aided us to the maximum when our team was defending for the first half of the season.

Now, on to the main course! First of, this is how the league table looked after the end of December;

482730_20161028204934_1_zpsobuumeku.png

As you can notice, we are currently sitting at 4th place in the Sky bet league 2! An extremely decent first half of the season, with some excellent performances by Rhys Turner and his company. Our midfield was also key to keep the bandwagon going fast. Here is the set of results until the end of December;

482730_20161028205008_1_zpsmqcuk3cz.png

We scored plenty of goals, but we conceded as much, however we kept a set of balanced results until now. You might have noticed a strange win within these results; yeap! 2-1 against West Ham! I was in disbelief during the whole game.

vsham_zpsnnkilz83.png

I will now be presenting you with a new signing for which I am thrilled, he's an excellent midfielder for this level and I believe that he will assist us to a great degree in battling for promotion. Here is the profile of Lee Evans;

evans_zpsq0kfjqlh.png

We spend 375K for this player, and I'm of the opinion that he's an absolute bargain. He has all around attributes and I'm expecting him to perform well.

In addition, an excellent player that went from the previous year's youth intake to a senior squad member, namely Daniel Hartson, is really worth mentioning;

hartson_zpsrbegil7p.png

He seems like a great prospect for a left full-back. 

Other than that, the team is now fighting for a back to back promotion and with the excellent acquisition of Lee Evans, I'm hoping that my Wrexham team will be promoted automatically. My next update will show where our team will end up at the end of the season. I sincerely hope you're enjoying this story and please do tell me what I'm doing wrong or right. I think I should put a bit more detail in the story, but I'm not too concerned. That's all for now, see you until the next update! 

#8 Tako

Tako

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:16 PM

4th Chapter (January - June 2018):

Hello and welcome to the fourth installment of my Wrexham story. I am quite ahead from the story progress, so i'll try to keep this update quick and simple.

Initially let me show you the results from January up until the end of our campaign;

482730_20161029114504_1_zpsjy7na1gy.png

So where did this leave us standing in the Sky bet league 2 table? The answer lies below.

482730_20161029013056_1_zpsdk0afowv.png

Yeap, 3rd! We secured automatic promotion to the Sky bet league 1! It was a fantastic season overall, and signing of the season proved to be our most recent acquisiton, that is Lee Evans.

Rhys Turner had a fantastic return of 32 goals and 11 assists in 40 appearances, and he deservedly became our fans player of the season. Unfortunately, he got injured at the end of the season and he will be surely missed.

End of season awards;

482730_20161029012645_1_zpsayuofxbm.png

Other than that, I forgot to mention Carl Winchenster, a major player for us this season. He played as an advanced playmaker and was excellent at it;

winchester_zpsljir0wfq.png

Now on to this year's youth intake. Our team posseses good junior coaching and adequate youth recruitment, nevertheless, we managed to get a true talent this year. His name is Jules Ifan and I expect him to develop nicely;

ifan_zpssfe2f8wq.png

On a final note, this years campaign ended up being an absolute success, as we managed to earn back-to-back promotion from Sky bet league 2. This save game has exceeded by far my highest expectations and hopefully, my Wrexham squad will be up to the challenge of Sky bet league 1.

As usual, I'll let you have a peak at our next year transfers;

transfers2018_zpsr0fbwrem.png

You can see that we signed a number of players, specifically eight, and hopefully they will aid us in our Sky bet league 1 campaign. That's all for this update, I told you it will be a fast one as I've already advanced in the next season. The next installment will come soon enough and will be showing you of how we fared up against higher quality teams in the Sky bet league 1.

Peace out!

• Johnny Karp likes this

#9 Tako

Tako

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 12:45 PM

5th Chapter (Whole 2018-2019 season):

Hello and welcome to the 5th installment of my story! This time, I will put an account of our achievements in our journey in Sky bet league 1. I have advanced ALOT in my save game, so ill try to keep this simple and clean.

First of, let me present you my key signings for this season for Wrexham;

Lee Angol;

angol_zpsctbi7nz3.png

An excellent forward, who can also play as a false nine, I expect him to deliver fully while at Wrexham.

Tony Watt;

watt_zpsgifwzt0z.png

Another quality forward for our team, i assume some of you know him. I expect him to do good with a Wrexham shirt.

Nick Hayes;

hayes_zpsysronfha.png

This picture contains some hints as to our story progress. Nevertheless, you can see easily how good Hayes is as a goalkeeper, with quite good potential for his age.

Overall, this was another overachieving season for us, as we managed to capture 1st place in the Sky Bet League 1. See the table below at the end of the season;

tableone_zpsaewrn0qd.png

Yeap, we are the team behind the black FM indicator. So, we were crowned champions of Sky bet league 1 after a prolific season by our forwards and our defenders as well. Lee Evans, our key midfielder, was exceptional, and so was Lee Angol. He managed to score 22 goals in all competitions, alongside 14 goals from Tony Watt.

Anyhow, these are the results that aided us in achieving this remarkable promotion to the Sky bet Championship;

First half of the season;

results2018-9_zpsrd6m3snl.png

Second half of the season;

2019results_zpsbjkirgtn.png

I also managed to win the Manager of the Year award! That's some deserved recognition I believe.

award_zps6ne9wlco.png

I almost forgot this years youth intake. It was quite good with some excellent prospects, specifically Curtis Russell, whose potential might lead him to become a Premier Dvision striker in the future.

russellcurt_zps3pjxoat2.png

This profile picture displays Russells stats after 2-3 years of action, but I did not have an earlier image.

Other than that, my team will be by far the weakest team in the Sky bet Championship, but hopefully, with some quality acquisitions, we might be able to survive. Here is a preview of the signings we made during the 2019-2020 season to aid our survival;

482730_20161108143108_1_zpsr5rfjjz4.png

As you can notice, we signed quite a few players by spending a considerable amount of our transfer budget. On a final note, I am hoping to avoid a relegation battle in the Sky bet Championship, but is that too much to ask for? I will reveal this though, since my game progress has been alot, that my team was very tough to be beaten by the other Championship teams, which resulted in a quite unexpected season.

That's all for this update, thanks for reading and please let me know if the story flow is good or not. See you until the next installment which will be quite soon I suppose.

• Johnny Karp likes this

#10 Tako

Tako

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:39 AM

6th Chapter (International Duty):

I am pleased to announce that the national board of Algeria have offered me the job of managing their national squad! I was eager to accept and thus, I am the new manager of Algeria.

algeriaman_zpsvorfy92g.png

I will give you an account of my journey with Algeria in the World Cup of 2022. Therefore, if you don't want spoilers while you're reading, i recommend that you skip this chapter and leave it for a later date.

It was an amazing experience managing Algeria in the World Cup, as we achieved capturing the 3rd place of the competition by beating England in the 3rd place Playoff. But lets not get ahead of ourselves, so let me show you our World Cup campaign from the beginning;

groupst_zps47c9iddk.png

Yeap, we managed to beat Jamaica and to earn a draw from Belgium. That allowed us to continue to the 2nd stage of the World Cup;

2ndstagecup_zpswshsdfpp.png

Then, as you can see, we were drawn against Cameroon, which ended up in our favor as we won by 3-0. Later on, we were drawn against the mighty Russia;

quarterfinal_zps6crbxecl.png

Yes indeed, we managed to win this far too easily with a brace from Slimani. Following that, we were pitched up against Serbia;

semifinalcup_zpskbmuumhe.png

Unfortunately for us, Serbia stopped our prolific campaign in the World Cup. However, it was not over yet, as we had to go up against England;

playoffcup_zps5sm0vzqp.png

And we won! We captured 3rd place in a very tough competition in which we did well. I am looking to continue managing Algeria for the near future, as they have some exciting prospects in the squad. Anyway, we were the overachievers of the World Cup and that placed Ageria on the 17th place of the World Rankings;

reviewworldcup_zps9agzyr2d.png

On a final note, my Wrexham progress is going far too good and I'm currently at the point of beating most Championship sides. Nevertheless, I will be presenting you this in the next update, until then, peace out!

#11 CaradogOwen

CaradogOwen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:41 PM

2nd Chapter (January - June 2017):

Hello and welcome to the second chapter of my Wrexham story. As you will see, everything went as planned for Wrexham as they were promoted by capturing 1st place in the Vanarama National.

482730_20161027075936_1_zps7qmjntxk.png

I won't go into detail, but Jack Hartley was one of Wrexhams quality players this season. Here is his profile at the end of Wrexhams campaign;

482730_20161027211331_1_zpst4sejqct.png

Another quality player was Channing Campbell-Young, who played key defensive duties for our team. He scored sometimes and was solid when his tackling was in question.

482730_20161027212222_1_zpshtakk5e9.png

Another efficient player for us was Luke Moran, but he was solemnly on loan for our team. In addition, Sean Newton played very well as a full back for us this season. Anyway, here is the set of results that aided us in capturing first place in the Vanarama National;

482730_20161027080207_1_zpsb6fvt8zn.png

What is more, if its of any interest to you, check out my players ratings during my first season at Wrexham;

squadratings_zpsaxidqhag.png

On another note, we also signed Brede Hangeland as an assistant manager. He's got good stats;

482730_20161027214101_1_zpsxyzkd0a9.png

Thats kind of a short update, but the Wrexham bandwagon will be going fast from now on. We have reached Sky bet league 2 and my special goal is to avoid relegation or to achieve a mid-table finish. I'll let you have a glimpse of my 2017 transfers for Wrexham;

2017transfers_zps57js7h6f.png

Yeap, we sold a player for 2.5 mil! He was an exiting goalkeeper prospect but well, everything has a price tag. We signed quit a few players that I will be presenting in my third installment of the story. Here is the profile of the young goalkeeper we sold (he was from this years youth intake);

russell_zpsksd3kdmq.png

We also got another couple of youth prospects, a left back and a central midfielder. They will hopefully participate in our teams campaign in the near future.

I've already begun the season so the next update won't be late. Thank you and I would be grateful if you commented to the story if anything's faulty or if anything's got to be added. I'll be seeing you with the first half of the 2017-2018 season update in the next few days.

Love the story mate, I have just started FM17 with Wrexham myself and am interested in any tips and help so your story is great for me.  I want to make Wrexham a Premiership Club, a North Wales super-power, to improve the quality of Welsh youngsters coming through and in time get as high a percentage of the starting 11 to be top quality Welsh players as possible.

I am currently in my second season.  Promoted first season by winning the league and the lesser Cup of that league, not very much prize money in those victories but new financial deals gave me enough money to add a bit of quality to the squad and currently in the playoff places in my second season - so its going well.

One thing I have to ask.   In your FIRST season, you Sold a player you got for free for £2.5Million? and he was only valued at £20.5K??  How is that possible?? :-O

#12 Tako

Tako

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:29 AM

Love the story mate, I have just started FM17 with Wrexham myself and am interested in any tips and help so your story is great for me.  I want to make Wrexham a Premiership Club, a North Wales super-power, to improve the quality of Welsh youngsters coming through and in time get as high a percentage of the starting 11 to be top quality Welsh players as possible.

I am currently in my second season.  Promoted first season by winning the league and the lesser Cup of that league, not very much prize money in those victories but new financial deals gave me enough money to add a bit of quality to the squad and currently in the playoff places in my second season - so its going well.

One thing I have to ask.   In your FIRST season, you Sold a player you got for free for £2.5Million? and he was only valued at £20.5K??  How is that possible?? :-O

Hello there my fellow Wrexham fan! I can only say this for sure, if you want to make Wrexham a Wales superpower then you MUST rely on your youth intake as much as you can. By that I mean you have to use these youth players or else they will not develop properly. Try to increase the junior coaching budget wherever you can and you'll notice that after 1-2 years you will get quality youth players that can waltz straight through to your first team. Right now, my Wrexham side possesses exceptional junior coaching and above average youth recruitment (after 5-6 years);

youthbudgetscropped_zpsqvapphkt.png

What's more, you have to be careful with your tactical approach; that is, a defensive system with counter-attacking traits is more likely to produce good results for you until you reach at a level where you can play with an even more defensive system! That's what I did at least until I reached the higher levels of  the English leagues ladder, wherein I increased slightly defensively my system.

As far as your question is concerned, the player that I sold in the beginning of my SECOND season for 2.5 mil was a youth goalkeeper, namely Nicky Russell, who right now i'm regretting that I sold him to Southampton. Just have a look at his attributes;

bloatedgoalliecropped_zpssbk754c0.png

On a final note, don't be afraid of giving playing time to your youth players. It will pay off eventually, I can guarantee this. Right now (2022), I'm using at least 3-4 Welsh players in my starting 11 that have been through my youth intake, and the team has gotten some very good results against much higher quality teams. I hope that your Wrexham campaign goes well and that you reach Premier Division in no-time. 

PS. Be careful with the defenders you sign! Its of huge importance to acquire some good defenders for your Wrexham side or else you will concede too easily.

#13 Tako

Tako

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 06:18 PM

7th Chapter (Whole 2019-2020 Season):

Welcome to the 7th installment of my Wrexham story. Last season we achieved in capturing promotion to the Sky bet Championship. Before we go into the results and the presumed fight for survival of Wrexham, let me present you with some key signings for us this season.

Ashley Fletcher;

cropfletch_zpsp5i8q6yu.png

A brilliant forward from whom we 're expecting much. The image was taken after 3 years. Actually all the images of players from this season were taken after 3 years.

Daniel Apud;

apudcropped_zpsgvvlsj3e.png

A very effective winger. I'm expecting him to deliver some good crosses. 

Tom Walker;

walkercropped_zpsw3oah8pf.png

Another well-rounded winger. He played a key role in our survival, yes, we survived. I was gonna reveal this later but I thought it was the correct time.

The results of the season that helped us to survive were the following;

1st half of the season;

1stpartseason2020_zpsu7wxtcds.png

2nd half of the season;

2ndpartseason2020_zpsg1agmk23.png

So, where did the end of the season leave us standing in the table?

championshipstanding_zpsw0zhz3ri.png

We finished 13th with some very good performances from Fletcher, Walker and the rest of the team. We survived with ease and we now are looking for the following season. What is more, I would like to show you the progress of some of our youngsters as well the youth intake of the season.

Geraint Evans;

geraint_zpsjrw8v2k9.png

He's the only good looking prospect from this years youth intake. Hopefully he'll go out on loan to develop and then I might consider him for selection for the first team.

Jules Ifan;

ifan2022_zpsb2cnlzqn.png

This image is from 2022 as well. As you can see, Ifan made quite some progress and thus, he's always going to be considered for our first team.

Curtis Russel;

russell2023_zpsfv4q6qjo.png

The poacher is another Welsh prospect that has already played 14 times for Wales (considering it's an image from 2022). I'm expecting him to develop nicely.

On a final note, next season should be an improvement from this season, and hopefully, with some quality additions, we might even fight for a promotion spot. As usual, here is a peak of our 2020-2021 transfers;

trnsfers2021_zpsbkowdilo.png

That's it for this update, I hope you're enjoying this story and please feel free to let me know if I can improve upon something when it comes to the story flow. I have advanced several years in relation the story progress, so you might see some short updates of mine, but I hope that it is still enjoyable. See you until the next update.

#14 calw_111

calw_111

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:51 PM

Hey mate loving the story, any updates recently?

#15 Tako

Tako

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:47 PM

Hey mate loving the story, any updates recently?

Thank you calw_111 for reminding me this save existed on my computer. 

It would be easier for me to fast forward my story 5 years, that is around 2024-2025. Because I did not keep track of my progress from these seasons between 2019-2020 and 2024-2025. 

Long story short, we managed to get promoted to the Premier League from the Championship, wherein we are currently sitting at 7th place, in season 2024-2025. We have a few games left for the season to finish.

079700328b3a27ef3e7ca2bbc4aeb5e482e619cb

I will continue with the 8th chapter of the story, probably soon enough.

#16 Tako

Tako

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:23 PM

8th Chapter (2024-2025 Season):

I will begin by showing some of our key players so far, especially for the past 2-3 years.

Actually, first let me show you our current first-team squad that competes in the Premier League.

033317886f53322a37a8c6375469f6e119b196ba

One of our key assets in our defence was Daniel Voicila.

8737715263cfb4b69a0a197d1c258502e78154b0

Another fantastic player for us, especially during this season, was Alan Peagram, our left-back. Peagram came through our youth intake and has develloped well.

96737263eada573d2332bbc4973b02600ba5a9cf

Additionally, one of our key midfielders that played superbly during the last season was 21 year old Colombian, Wilson Parra.

702072090273b4cc3df84f48d559ad564754b9ad

In general, the season 2024-2025 saw us finish 5th, however, we managed to win the FA Cup. It was a memorable success as we won 4-3 on penalties against Chelsea, after a 2-2 draw on extra time.

733766041114fbfbbaa9c3c2857a128c00024275

I can also recall us going to the champions league at some point during this season, that is during 2024-2025, as we had finished 4th the previous season. We didn't last long though, i think we got knocked out during the group stage, nevertheless it was our first champions league experience.

Lastly, our youth intake during these seasons was not the one I was hoping for, however, another left-back with nice potential came through, namely Matty Evans.

67565978ef120c1277188aac9b5cae0b3f59d4b8

On a final note, I'm hoping for a better youth academy as the board is constantly improving our facilities. That's it for this short update, i will write another chapter that will cover the next season, which I hope will see us challenge for the title.

#17 Tako

Tako

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:52 PM

9th Chapter (2025 - 2026 Season):

Hello and welcome to another installment to my Wrexham story. Last year saw us finish 5th and thus, we qualified for the 2025-2026 Euro Cup. On another note, we also achieved in winning the FA Cup against Chelsea.

I will begin by presenting some of our key signings for this year.

Charlie Justham;

74959211c9d89349e9633dadfc3db40c9a69e3c7

Charlie came in with a heavy price tag, that is 35 mil, but he is already a national team member and seems to be a perfect addition to our midfield.

Roel Calor;

3030667600b804027b628a519535882437902ef7

Roel is another midfielder that came into our squad, primarily to back up Renato Seabra (whome I haven't yet presented to you), nevertheless he is meant to be a first team member in the near future.

Daniel Felipe;

46574206c2376361a8355a5336689af6490a5014

Daniel came in to our squad to fill our first team goalkeeper slot. He will obviously be one of our first-team key members for some years to come.

On to the main season, we managed to finish 4th in the Premier League and therefore, we will feature in the next seasons' Champions Cup!

49771495639cd2151b5536998703bb8e078ea610

As you can see, neither Chelsea nor Tottenham managed to get into the qualification places for the Champions Cup. It was a great effort from all of our lads that helped in achieving this qualification of Wrexham to the Champions Cup. I know i did say that we will challenge for the title, however, that requires plenty quality players and a strong set of results which we didn't have this season.

Last but not least, we also achieved in reaching the final of the Euro Cup of 2025-2026. What was the result?

20217124a1b72b8fd195342744ec686b6c02d2f4

We dominated the game against Sporting and we lifted the Euro Cup deservedly.

On a final note, we had a good youth intake this year, with Shane Skimmings being the top prospect;

813957371e68cba247ed310731cdb9fdba85f8af

We had anoter one or two players from this youth intake that are worth to keep an eye on and I might present them to you in the next few updates.

Finally, the Wrexham board applied for an improved youth category, from 2nd to 1st, which will hopefully see us develop better players from within. Additonally, the board is also planning to move Wrexham to a new ground, however that might take a while to be completed.

That's it for this short update, I will post another installment probably soon enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users