#1 Jack

Jack

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:51 PM

I've recently had great success in a narrow tactic putting emphasis on full backs as CWBs bombing forward and whipping in crosses, with the team set around countering and getting the ball to these players. However, I've found that using wingers in these roles works well. The player I am particularly referring to Rodrigo Gomez, the Argentinian, now 30/31 in my game. So I was wondering in a tactic based around the full backs does anyone have any tips? Because I am concerned that I might concede some goals, even if it is on counter strategy. Also, has anyone ever tried using wingers as wing backs/full backs?

My Pentagon Challenge Story

"I certainly wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one" - Brian Clough

#2 kdavva

kdavva

Squad member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationDarwin, Australia

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:20 AM

Gareth Bale would be a pretty good wing back I reckon

The year is 2042, the man is Lionel Messi. The Golden Generation is behind us and its time for the greatest player in history to make his mark as a manager.

Time to stop lazing around!

#3 Chris/Morozov95

Chris/Morozov95

Squad member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:57 AM

Marvellous idea Jack! Haven't tried it yet, but I reckon you could get some decent success with it, if you're not too concerned about attacks (by the opposition) from the flanks. Maybe playing a DM or two with Half-back roles might help cover the wings? Or setting the CBs to cover? 

Might give my old mate Carlos Augusto a go at CWB on the right and see how it goes :P But since tackling is a key attribute for a CWB, i'd figure the winger would still need to have at least 11 (depending on the league you're in). 
Do you consider getting the winger to learn left or right-back? 

FM Mentality - "Never take your foot off the pedal."

Come over and read my Aldershot Town story here

#4 Pedro Fontan

Pedro Fontan

Icon

• Prince
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationStafford

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

I find CWB to be the best role for full backs in this year's edition, for me at least. It's the one I always use as it tends to put a little more emphasis on attack while not forgetting defensive duties. Kind of like Stephan Leichsteiner for Juventus or Siqueira for Benfica. Usually you do need very good players for that though. Quick, good dribbling, and crossing are absolute minimums otherwise they will be out of position a lot.

Current Story- Uniao Atl├ętico Povoense- Climbing the Pyramid
http://www.footballm...son-revolution/

Other Stories- Vasco da Gama FM Journey
http://www.footballm...e-introduction/

#5 Jack

Jack

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:51 PM

Chris I have two outstanding centre backs so defending isn't too much of an issue, and a vintage Lucas Romero in midfield can put attacking players in their place! I'll try it with some other teams at the weekend and get back to you.. But as Pedro said CWB could well be the best role for full backs this year :D

My Pentagon Challenge Story

"I certainly wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one" - Brian Clough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users