FM14 Stories

Photo

União Atlético Povoense- [2017/2018 Liga Sagres]- End Of Season- Brave This Storm!

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1 Pedro Fontan

Pedro Fontan

Icon

• Prince
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationStafford

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:53 PM

STORY  AND MY OWN BACKSTORY
info_zps08046a27.png

Hello and welcome to a story about Uni
ão Atlético Povoense! I am Pedro Fontan! Full Name Pedro Filipe da Silva Fontan. I was born in Vila Franca de Xira about 15 Minutes away on train from where Povoense are from! I lived in Póvoa from about 2 weeks old until 13 years old when i moved to England! I played in the youth Teams of Povoense since i was 6 up until  my parents emigrated and i came along ;) My grandfather is probably the only person who can be considered a legend at the club He played for them from 20 until he retired from amateur football at 42. Then he Managed them for about 15 years! Then he became the finance handler at the club which he still now does at the age of 77! A man for who i have immense respect and if i get to that age and i am still half as active as he is i would be very proud of myself!! He still swims and plays sport so i can safely say i have one role model in life atleast!

CLUB HISTORY
So UA Povoense are a Club Formed in 1942 in the small Town of Póvoa de Santa Iria! Póvoa De Santa Iria is a town in the heart of Lisbon belonging to the District of Vila Franca de Xira(where yours truly was born)! Their Most Successful season was in 2008/2009 where they played in the 3rd tier of Portuguese Football! Only to suffer back to back relegations and to stay in the division where they are at the Moment The AF Lisboa Pro Nacional. The  pro nacional is all the second tiers in Portuguese Football and AF means Associacao Futebol(or Football Association) of the respective District, Lisbon, Porto, Braga, Leiria Etc..... They Play their Home Games at the Complexo Desportivo da Quinta da Piedade(Quinta da Piedade is a nice park in the town which has football pitches and cafes and all of that. Quite Nice i might add) So all these reasons made me want to start a save with Povoense and become the best club in the world with them atleast Virtually! ;) We are predicted to finish 12th which is good as there is no extra pressure on me!
LEAGUE RULES
As i have already said we play in the AF Lisboa- Pro Nacional
Only 1st place gets promoted! Oh dear! This will be harder than i thought!
This is the 4th tier of Portuguese football. And you may know that Portuguese football has had some really weird changes made to it this year so I still don't really know how it works. Get to know it along the way I guess xD
regras_zps9833e3a4.png

HONOURS(OR LACK OF THEM)
As you can see not the most successfull club but this makes the challenge a heck of a lot better! As any trophies won by the club will have been won by me as manager! This is by far the lowest i’ve ever managed in FM! I have managed in the Blue SQ south with Eastleigh but they were way more financially stable and the league had a much better reputation even though technically it’s the equivalent! But then again the Barclays Premier League is quite a lot better than the Portuguese League because of the money pumped into it, but that’s for another day! Our training facilities aren't that bad, however our youth facilities are really, really bad. Plenty of time to improve them though.
background_zpse3b1a18d.png

COMPLEXO DESPORTIVO DA QUINTA DA PIEDADE
Ok it’s not exactly the Estádio da Luz but for such a lowly club, not bad!
P1483_peq_complexo_desportivo_da_quinta_

PÓVOA DE SANTA IRIA
This is Póvoa de Santa Iria! A well taken picture can make anything look good as it is actually kind of a Shithole but it’s what where I lived! To be honest i Live in Stafford now so the difference isn’t that big xD!

PVOA_D1_zps7ff906d4.png

So for now that is it. One or two of you may have noticed that is the intro I used for my other Povoense Story. It told all i wanted to say so might as well use it. I did tweak it to show things for this year.

Thanks very much for reading and hopefully you will follow me through Portuguese football and an attempt to conquer it.

Current Story- Uniao Atlético Povoense- Climbing the Pyramid
http://www.footballm...son-revolution/

Other Stories- Vasco da Gama FM Journey
http://www.footballm...e-introduction/

#2 Deletedaccount

Deletedaccount

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:59 PM

Good Luck with this!

#3 John Peter

John Peter

Squad member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationPorto, Portugal

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:38 PM

Boa sorte Pedro  :)

Vai ser interessante ver como funcionam as ligas mais pequenas depois de todas as mudanças que ocorreram este ano

#4 kdavva

kdavva

Squad member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationDarwin, Australia

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:00 AM

good luck mate! hopefully this will be another brilliant story from you!

The year is 2042, the man is Lionel Messi. The Golden Generation is behind us and its time for the greatest player in history to make his mark as a manager.

Time to stop lazing around!

#5 Wicklander

Wicklander

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:29 AM

Good Luck. :)

My Stories:

World Traveler - Currently with Guangzhou from China and New Zealand National Team.

Journey in Brazil - Working with Youths.

Tutorials

Tips When Writing a Story - Some basic tips for new writers.

Basic Editing with GIMP - Basic copy/paste turorial to save space with your images.

Story Ideas - A list of challanges for FM games. The Challanges are still valid but some examples may be out of date.

"The formula for winning games is to have a stable defence, hungry midfield and lethal strikers."

Websites (in swedish):

www.wicklander.se

#6 zyndar

zyndar

Squad member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:45 AM

This could be a very unique story with the linkage you have with the City\Team. I am really looking forward to another special Pedro Fontan career.

twente_logo.png

#7 Edward Bomb

Edward Bomb

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

Great intro Pedro. The personal angle makes it all the more interesting.

I'm looking forward to your time in charge of União Atlético Povoense. Good luck

torrevieja-sig.png

Twitter

@edwardbomb

FM15 stories

Foligno Calcio - Little Hawks - A Foligno story Nil Satis Nisi Optimum - An Everton story

FM14 stories

Yugoslavia Challenge Die Kartoffelkäfer - An Aachen Story Here Come The Fish - A Santos Story

#8 Dooley1990

Dooley1990

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

Good luck with this mate  :) Great to see you pick a club you have so many links with. I'm sure you'll be able to move up the leagues in no time!

#9 LFC Jack

LFC Jack

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • LocationLancashire, England

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

I'm glad to see you are back with another story so soon! Your grandfather sounds like a great man it's just a shame the club suffered those two relegations a few years ago. Hopefully you can lead Povoense to glory, good luck!  :)

d4yOmCW.jpg?1

FM15 Story

Creating History

FM14 Story

The Leipzig New Boys

#10 Acss

Acss

Icon

• Administrators
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

New story already! Hope you do well mate, good luck!

Posted Image

#11 Nick Fenn

Nick Fenn

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • LocationJackson Hole, Wyoming

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

Another epic save begins! Good luck Pedro :)

"In Portugal, we say the bigger the ship, the stronger the storm. Fortunately for me, I have always been in big ships."- Jose Mourinho

Follow My AFC Wimbledon Story: http://www.footballm...p-introduction/

XikCOt.jpg

#12 AlexSizemore

AlexSizemore

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationSt.Louis, Missouri

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

Great intro to your new story!  What a small club you have found!  Hopefully you can lead them to glory! Keep up the good work!

#13 Jack

Jack

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

Your grandfather sounds like a legend for Povoense! Maybe they should build a statue of him outside the ground. Good luck with this one :)

My Pentagon Challenge Story

"I certainly wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one" - Brian Clough

#14 Pedro Fontan

Pedro Fontan

Icon

• Prince
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationStafford

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

Good Luck with this!

Thanks mate!

Boa sorte Pedro  :)

Vai ser interessante ver como funcionam as ligas mais pequenas depois de todas as mudanças que ocorreram este ano

Obrigado Joao.
Eu sinceramente nao faco a minima ideia como funcionam as ligas agora por isso vai ser mesmo descobrir enquanto jogo XD

good luck mate! hopefully this will be another brilliant story from you!

Thanks for the kind words my friend :)

Good Luck. :)

Thanks Wick :)

This could be a very unique story with the linkage you have with the City\Team. I am really looking forward to another special Pedro Fontan career.

Thanks Zyndar and hopefully it won't disappoint. haha thanks man!

Great intro Pedro. The personal angle makes it all the more interesting.

I'm looking forward to your time in charge of União Atlético Povoense. Good luck

Thanks Ed. I find that you tend to make more effort. Hopefully it won't disappoint.

Good luck with this mate  :) Great to see you pick a club you have so many links with. I'm sure you'll be able to move up the leagues in no time!

Thanks Dooley. This year it may be much tougher than in previous years with all the format changes the leagues have suffered.

I'm glad to see you are back with another story so soon! Your grandfather sounds like a great man it's just a shame the club suffered those two relegations a few years ago. Hopefully you can lead Povoense to glory, good luck!  :)

Thanks Jack, I just can't stay away :lol:. He is, best person i've ever met hands down. It is a shame but they were awful so can't complain. Hopefully you are correct mate :)

New story already! Hope you do well mate, good luck!

Thanks Acss. The database was released yesterday so i thought why not xD

Another epic save begins! Good luck Pedro :)

Thanks a lot Nick. Hopefully it won't disappoint :)

Great intro to your new story!  What a small club you have found!  Hopefully you can lead them to glory! Keep up the good work!

Thanks Alex. They sure are a small club. Let's hope so.

Your grandfather sounds like a legend for Povoense! Maybe they should build a statue of him outside the ground. Good luck with this one :)

Thanks Jack and he definitely is. Walking around Póvoa de Santa Iria everyone knows him xD. Although i doubt the club will ever have money for a statue in real life.

#15 Northwood_dk

Northwood_dk

Squad member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:23 AM

This time I make sure to get into the story from the start.

God luck on your new endeavor.

#16 Pedro Fontan

Pedro Fontan

Icon

• Prince
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationStafford

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

This time I make sure to get into the story from the start.

God luck on your new endeavor.

Thanks Northwood hopefully you will.

Hello all and welcome to the first update from my attempt at making Povoense the best club in the world. Simple enough right?

First off let me say thank you for the strong response in the first post. It seems there is interest. Let’s see if I can keep you all interested now shall I?

This first post is a fairly simple one. PRE SEASON. Transfers, tactics that kind of stuff.

UNIÃO ATLÉTICO POVOENSE
                   UAP
povoense_zps736ae07d.png

transfersgraph_zps0402e706.png

Whenever starting a game or save with teams in such lowly reputed leagues the first thing you may notice is actually how crap your players are. This comes mostly from most being regens that would not be good enough to play in the current bench for your reserves. And that was the case with this team. So my first priority was releasing 17 players all of whom were...... pretty shit.
So with some wages freed up I tried to find the best possible players for the club. I quickly realised that this meant buying some horrible players who are decent enough for the first season. Let’s get into them shall we?

Transferencias_zps39ff920c.png

A lot of players joined us and as you will soon realise they are all pretty crap. But for this league they should be fine. Should be.

Miguel Prazeres- Striker
Miguel is a young striker who was a free agent. Not the best finisher in the world but 6 at this level is ok. According to our coaches he should be decent in the league above, however i really don’t trust my coaches at this moment. He looks decent enough for the team. And in case you are wondering that is the national flag of Macau which used to be a Portuguese colony up until 1990 when it was handed back to China. Hence why he has a Portuguese name and is from Macau. In fact I used to know two people from Macau who I got along nicely with.
MiguelPrazeres_zps69c5d313.png

Prithviraj Dev- Winger
Yes another Asian player joins us. This time it is Dev who is from India. Given the connections my last story had with India I felt it was worth a bet. Also he is probably the best winger I could get at this level. Joins us for free from Mafra who are a division above us.  Not the quickest but he has decent attributes for a winger at this level.
PrithvirajDev_zps19e8a99d.png

Andrew Bem Haja- Defender
Wouldn’t you know it? Do we have some sort of agreement with the AFC? No! This time it’s an Australian player. Andrew is a fairly good left back. Definitely good for this level.  He has decent physical attributes, however his technical attributes are pretty shocking. Should serve us well this year.
AndrewBemHaja_zps53bd32e4.png

Dinis- Defender
Dinis is a versatile player who I bought exactly for that reason. The fact he can play in quite a few positions is an attribute I like a lot. Probably because it’s the only attribute to like as his other attributes don’t look that promising. Still should get a lot of games because of his versatility.
Dinis_zps09904319.png

Pedro Conceição- Defender
Pedro is a right back who brings  experience to the table. A former Porto trainee, you can kind of see why he didn’t make it much further in the game. Still for us he’s pretty good as a right back and I value experience at this level.
PedroConceicao_zps84f83179.png

Luis Pina- Midfielder
He is probably our best player. Which is saying a lot for the quality we have. But he looks like a hard tackling sort of player and he should win a few balls back or atleast that’s what i’m hoping for. Other than that he looks like a guy who could play a few games in a row hopefully.
LuisPina_zps08ce16ff.png

Bruno Militão- Defender
Bruno will be our captain this season. Again his attributes don’t look the best but I am hoping he will be able to be a leader on the pitch. His technical does have a lot of 1’s which is........concerning at least. But his defensive attributes aren’t completely crap.
BrunoMilitao_zpsb67f32f6.png

Dino- Striker
Dino is a striker from Guinea Bissau. His finishing  seems okay. And he has played in the second tier of Portuguese football albeit only 4 games. But he scored a goal in there....... 7 years ago. Anyway he should get a few goals for us.
Dino_zps66fdf0db.png

João Vilaça-  Midfielder
João is another of our best players. Bought from Bombarrelense who are in the same tiers as us was their  “star” player. That doesn’t mean he’s very good it just means his natural fitness is amazing. However his passing is.....not the best.
JoaoVilaca_zps7ffdd33c.png

Nélson Cipriano- Defender
Nélson was brought in simply because Pedro Conceicao got injured a lot. In fact he played 2 pre season games got injured badly in both so i felt the need to bring in a backup and that is exactly what Nélson provides.
NelsonCipriano_zpsa00a908a.png

Márcio Dieb- Winger
Márcio was released by Naval who currently play in the second Portuguese division. And in fact he played 11 games for them last season. So when I saw that he was interested in joining us I felt I had to take him. Mostly because I desperately needed a left winger and he fit that bill. Still he looks like a decent player who could do a good job in the league above, or so I hope.
MarcioDieb_zps8da53ed9.png

Batalha- Goalkeeper
That means battle in Portuguese. And?? Nothing I was just informing you damn!
He is nowhere near the level of keeper i would wish for, however to make you aware of the situation he was the best keeper available who had any interest in joining us. I am hoping we can find a much better goalkeeper in January or next year as Batalha doesn’t have a lot left in him. Still should do the job this season.
Batalha_zps763db775.png

So with all the transfers out of the way, how does the team look in terms of ratings?? Not too badly however most players are only good enough for this division so i don’t know if a promotion is on the cards this season. We have a few players rated 5 stars this season and a few who could be in the future. We have a few that could possibly have an impact in the division above however this is just a core for the team as we need to strengthen badly.
habilidade_zps024694ab.png

tacticsgraph_zps006a1da8.png

4-5-1 or 4-3-2-1
This tactic is a variation of the one I used with Benfica in the Vasco da Gama save. However I did tweak it slightly to fit the players available to us. For example considering I did not have a good attacking midfielder but had 3 good defensive midfielder the positions were rotated. Also because I had two good wingers, the players in the middle were rotated into the wings. Also from two strikers we went to 1. He will be a Target man as i hope we can be a threat in the air.
4-1-2-3Povoense_zps0dbebbf4.png

5-3-2
This tactic was the one I used to great success with Lajong. I truly believe that 5 defenders tend to make your defense a lot stronger when playing in the lower leagues. However I would prefer not to play 5 defenders just yet. Hopefully I won’t be  forced into using it but it could very well happen. The fullbacks act as complete wingbacks in both tactics which in my experience is the best role for full backs in this version. At least for me it has been. I am also a big fan of 3 guys in the middle as I feel it provides some extra cover for the defenders.
5-3-2Povoense_zps26eeeac9.png

FRIENDLIES

Lastly I would like to show you how we fared in the friendly games. As always i don’t believe they indicate how successful the season will be. However it is always nice to start positively.
We started off by playing our youth team. Or should i say demolishing our youth team. Despite it only being 2-0 we could have had a lot more. Positive indications.
We then had a fantastic result by drawing against Benfica B. They featured players such as Funes Mori, André Gomes, Jardel among others so to get a draw against them was a phenomenal result. We were probably better as well.
This was followed by 3 defeats and two wins. This included a fantastic win against Estrela da Amadora who play in a division above us.
The best player in the pre season was probably Indian Dev. He scored a few goals as well as making some great runs which were fantastic to watch.
amigaveis_zpsbe2863df.png

The Verdict- I am positive we will have a good season. Despite us being predicted to finish 12th I believe we can achieve atleast 5th or 4th place which would be a fantastic season. I also believe there is a cup for these divisions this year so we have that to look forward to. The pre season saw some inconstancy from us results wise however our football was aesthetically pleasing all the way through and most of our new players seem to be adapting fairly well and getting some good minutes.
A promising season ahead hopefully.

So that is it for now. I usually hate doing pre season updates but as I brought in quite a few players i didn’t want to make the mid season too convoluted and therefore I felt it was better get it out the way.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read through it and hopefully you have enjoyed it.

#17 Pedro Roriz

Pedro Roriz

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

cacete pedrão, esse militão é o pior jogador que você ja teve, e olha que o vasco da gama viu muuuuuuuito jogador terrível! acho que nunca vi tanto 1 como atributo num jogador só! e olha que esses são os caras que voce recrutou e trouxe porque são melhores que os seus atuais jogadores!

olha, realmente o abismo da 3a divisão portuguesa com a sagres deve ser o maior entre as terceiras divisões e as primeiras em todas as grandes ligas da europa. difícil acreditar que há tantos maus jogadores num país que tem porto, benfica, sporting, braga, etc. estou jogando agora um save na terceira divisão sueca, e tenho jogadores melhores que esses que você mostrou. meu deus!

boa sorte!

abraço

#18 Edward Bomb

Edward Bomb

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

Great update mate. It's terrible when you are looking at transfers and you are forced to get excited about a truly horrible player because he is all you can attract, but that's what makes saves like this so fun.

The tactics are looking good, I agree that complete wingback is the best role for fullbacks on this version of the game, plus I love seeing them marauding down the flanks.

I'm looking forward to see how you get on. Best of luck.

torrevieja-sig.png

Twitter

@edwardbomb

FM15 stories

Foligno Calcio - Little Hawks - A Foligno story Nil Satis Nisi Optimum - An Everton story

FM14 stories

Yugoslavia Challenge Die Kartoffelkäfer - An Aachen Story Here Come The Fish - A Santos Story

#19 Northwood_dk

Northwood_dk

Squad member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:56 AM

Talk about building from scratch. That is some truly horrible players.

How many teams will be promoted from the 4th level?

Good luck with your first season. 

#20 John Peter

John Peter

Squad member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationPorto, Portugal

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

Althogh I don't do it oftenly, I love to play in lower tiers. It makes everythign so much fun because you are truly building your own team from scratch. Those "not so good" players you've just signed are a great example of it and I'm sure they will bring a lot of happiness to Povoenses and will become the basis for the great team you'll hopefully build.

Good luck  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users