FM14 Stories

Photo

[Fm 2013] World Challenge - Chapter 2: Malaysia, Darul Takzim 2022 [3Rd Season Review]

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 Acss

Acss

Icon

• Administrators
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

------------------------------------------------------------ RULES ------------------------------------------------------------

- Win all trophies from all Football Manager leagues & complete The Pentagon Challenge

- Start unemployed, as Sunday League manager in the worst league available by reputation (India). When finished, move to the next country (Malaysia), then follow in order - based on reputation - and reach England

- Leave each club with a positive balance

------------------------------------------------------ Manager Profile ----------------------------------------------------

Raul Mihajlovic

Nationality: Romanian

Past Experience: Sunday League Footballer

Favored Club: Steaua Bucharest (Romania)

Unemployed

--------------------------------------------------------- Manager CV  -------------------------------------------------------

• January 2014 - May 2018 : Churchill Bros, India

League: Champions (2016, 2017, 2018) / Runners-Up (-)

Cups: Indian Durand Cup (2015, 2016, 2017) / Indian Federation Cup (2015, 2017) / Indian Super Cup (2016, 2017)

• April 2020 - ? : Darul Takzim, Malaysia

League: Champions (2022) / Runners-up (2021)

Cups: Malaysia FA Cup (2021, 2022) / Malaysian Cup (2021, 2022)

Asian Confederation Cup (2022)

Posted Image

#2 Ian Cole

Ian Cole

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationCastleford, Near Leeds

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

Good start acss.... I'm certainly going to keep upto date with this one as i kept getting lost with your other one

Twitter:https://twitter.com/FMIan89

Coming Soon: A New American Force - Orlando City

#3 Acss

Acss

Icon

• Administrators
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:28 PM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1: India, 2014. Churchill Bros
- win National Football League

- win Indian Durand Cup / Indian Federation Cup

* Manager CV in the opening post, page 1 !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gameplay. Had to turn down offers from SC Goa, Air India and Mohammedan before accepting this one. It took a while, missed a full season and spent 538 days on vacation but here is my first choice, hopefully a good one...we'll see.

image.jpg

Team Information & Setup. Media predicted 5th, with an estimated value of 50K (not in top 10) and a stadium capacity of 27,300 places. A few problems there in team setup, as expected. As for the league, Dempo seems to be the most powerful club with East Bengal coming close. United SC finished 2nd last season, and Churchill only won once during the last seven years, in 2009.

image.jpg

Finances. Gonna be tough, already seen where the money go. There's one Brazilian player, Beto who's the best in the team but most expensive with a salary of 10.000. We need to fix that, in time. Now let's meet the key players for each department:

image.jpg

Sandip Nandy / Denzil Franco / Beto / Henri Antchouet

National Football League. There are 14 teams, 26 games. After 13 rounds the team is found on the 9th place, and here are also their last 10 results in the league...

image.jpg

Spoiler

...and I guess that's it for today. If you have any questions or need more information, just leave a comment and I'll make sure I will answer. Thanks for following. Cheers!

• Ian Cole likes this

Posted Image

#4 Dooley1990

Dooley1990

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

I'll definitely be keeping up with this one. Good luck with Churchill Bros! :)  Looks like the defence is the first thing to work on looking at the goals conceded column.

#5 LFC Jack

LFC Jack

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • LocationLancashire, England

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

Good luck conquering this challenge, I'll definitely try my best to keep up to date this time!  :)

d4yOmCW.jpg?1

FM15 Story

Creating History

FM14 Story

The Leipzig New Boys

#6 Edward Bomb

Edward Bomb

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

I'm glad to see this restarting, I can read it from the start now.

A bit of an inconsistent start but I'm sure you will sort that out. Churchill Bros is a great name.

torrevieja-sig.png

Twitter

@edwardbomb

FM15 stories

Foligno Calcio - Little Hawks - A Foligno story Nil Satis Nisi Optimum - An Everton story

FM14 stories

Yugoslavia Challenge Die Kartoffelkäfer - An Aachen Story Here Come The Fish - A Santos Story

#7 Wicklander

Wicklander

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

Good Luck with Churchill Bros. Dempo is doing surprisingly bad this season.

My Stories:

World Traveler - Currently with Guangzhou from China and New Zealand National Team.

Journey in Brazil - Working with Youths.

Tutorials

Tips When Writing a Story - Some basic tips for new writers.

Basic Editing with GIMP - Basic copy/paste turorial to save space with your images.

Story Ideas - A list of challanges for FM games. The Challanges are still valid but some examples may be out of date.

"The formula for winning games is to have a stable defence, hungry midfield and lethal strikers."

Websites (in swedish):

www.wicklander.se

#8 Acss

Acss

Icon

• Administrators
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

Good start acss.... I'm certainly going to keep upto date with this one as i kept getting lost with your other one

Thanks mate, I appreciate :)

I'll definitely be keeping up with this one. Good luck with Churchill Bros! :)  Looks like the defence is the first thing to work on looking at the goals conceded column.

You're damn right. The defense is awful and needs straight attention. Thanks!

Good luck conquering this challenge, I'll definitely try my best to keep up to date this time!  :)

Thanks Jack!

I'm glad to see this restarting, I can read it from the start now.

A bit of an inconsistent start but I'm sure you will sort that out. Churchill Bros is a great name.

Cool mate. Perhaps it was a bit confusing...I didn't start yet, those were their previous results before I got here ;)

Good Luck with Churchill Bros. Dempo is doing surprisingly bad this season.

I agree, not their best season even though they have a great setup. Cheers!

Posted Image

#9 Pedro Fontan

Pedro Fontan

Icon

• Prince
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationStafford

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

Glad to see you're already working on this. Churchill Bros tend to do badly whenver i see them so hopefully you can make them good. That defence looks shit though that's for sure :lol:

Current Story- Uniao Atlético Povoense- Climbing the Pyramid
http://www.footballm...son-revolution/

Other Stories- Vasco da Gama FM Journey
http://www.footballm...e-introduction/

#10 Pedro Roriz

Pedro Roriz

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

good to see it underway! hope you'll entertain us as much as you did the other time.

loved the name, though, churchill bros! hahaha

make that beto a beast!

btw, stanko was a regen right? if not, have you looked up for him?

#11 Acss

Acss

Icon

• Administrators
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

Glad to see you're already working on this. Churchill Bros tend to do badly whenver i see them so hopefully you can make them good. That defence looks shit though that's for sure :lol:

Don't scare me mate, I took them as one of the clubs with potential :) If we manage to solve our defense problems we should be up and fighting for a title in a year or two.

good to see it underway! hope you'll entertain us as much as you did the other time.

loved the name, though, churchill bros! hahaha

make that beto a beast!

btw, stanko was a regen right? if not, have you looked up for him?

Hmm didn't think about that to be honest. Not sure if he's a regen. Will see. Thanks for the tip!

Also, Churchill Bros have one hell of a nickname: The Red Machines! :ph34r:

Posted Image

#12 Acss

Acss

Icon

• Administrators
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:10 AM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1: India, 2014. Churchill Bros
- win National Football League

- win Indian Durand Cup / Indian Federation Cup

* Manager CV in the opening post, page 1 !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

National Football League. Our first game was not bad at all but I was just about to convince myself how awful is our defense during the next two fixtures, conceding no less than 8 goals - this had to be changed. 16th of January was the start of the transfer period in India, just in time to solve our problem. We slowly got enough points to finish 7th - mid table, as the board wanted.

image.jpg

Spoiler

Transfers. Our first one was Deogratias Munishi, we signed him earlier but couldn't register before the 16th, a much better keeper than what the team had, of course. All our next transfers were meant to strengthen our defense and here we can also talk about Martin Karndu (DC) from Liberia.

image.jpg

Team stats & Finances. Thing is, due to the fact that we can only have 4 registered foreigners I had to leave Beto out. Was a tough decision but I felt we really needed a focus on our defense. Having such a high salary, he will probably go during the summer, he's 35 anyway and we can invest those money elsewhere. Anyway, Karndu and our striker Hernri Antchouet were the best players while our new keeper was a bit disappointing (he was also injured for about 6 weeks). 

Manager Progress

(did anyone notice the bugs there above? I'm on the 1st place in hall of fame (didn't even enter) and no players released!! when actually, I've released about 10 players...)

Posted Image

#13 Pedro Roriz

Pedro Roriz

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:13 PM

oooooh boy, this is the usual acss we all know and like coming back: the mindfucking-completely-bugged acss! that's what i like!, those bugs creeping back again!

this save is in the right direction to be as entertaining as the other one! haha

btw, 7th spot is good. i mean, your first year and all. and the team is crappy.

btw, which tactic are you using?

#14 Edward Bomb

Edward Bomb

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

You've stabilised the defence which judging by the previous results was the number one priority. Hopefully you can kick on next season and start to challenge at the top of the table.

torrevieja-sig.png

Twitter

@edwardbomb

FM15 stories

Foligno Calcio - Little Hawks - A Foligno story Nil Satis Nisi Optimum - An Everton story

FM14 stories

Yugoslavia Challenge Die Kartoffelkäfer - An Aachen Story Here Come The Fish - A Santos Story

#15 Nick Fenn

Nick Fenn

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • LocationJackson Hole, Wyoming

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

Nice  job tightening things up at the back. This seems like an extremely difficult challenge, but one you are up for :)

"In Portugal, we say the bigger the ship, the stronger the storm. Fortunately for me, I have always been in big ships."- Jose Mourinho

Follow My AFC Wimbledon Story: http://www.footballm...p-introduction/

XikCOt.jpg

#16 AlexSizemore

AlexSizemore

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationSt.Louis, Missouri

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

Just now got around to reading your story!  Interesting team and by the looks of things you arnt doing too bad!  Keep up the good work!

#17 Acss

Acss

Icon

• Administrators
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:50 PM

oooooh boy, this is the usual acss we all know and like coming back: the mindfucking-completely-bugged acss! that's what i like!, those bugs creeping back again!

this save is in the right direction to be as entertaining as the other one! haha

btw, 7th spot is good. i mean, your first year and all. and the team is crappy.

btw, which tactic are you using?

Those bugs were there before, all time - they're part of the game. There are plenty like that, but I just wanna get on with the story and ignore these game aspects :)

I use three tactics, depending on who we meet and I keep altering their instructions during the game. All three are based on a 4-4-2:

Balanced - for most of the games, when the odds are close

4-4-2 Offensive (when we are favorites)

4-4-2 Counter (when we're outsiders)

Thanks for the comments!

Posted Image

#18 Pedro Fontan

Pedro Fontan

Icon

• Prince
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationStafford

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

What, a bug, in Acss's game?? Impossible! (Hooray for sarcasm)
But as you said better to ignore them if they don't interrupt any results.
You had a good season all things considered, and more importantly you have stabilized your defence which was number one priority. Now it's all about bringing in those extra quality players to better the stronger teams.

Current Story- Uniao Atlético Povoense- Climbing the Pyramid
http://www.footballm...son-revolution/

Other Stories- Vasco da Gama FM Journey
http://www.footballm...e-introduction/

#19 LFC Jack

LFC Jack

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • LocationLancashire, England

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

A good start I'd say, especially considering how bad your defence was. But it looks live you've sorted it out now, good luck for the rest of the season!  :)

d4yOmCW.jpg?1

FM15 Story

Creating History

FM14 Story

The Leipzig New Boys

#20 Acss

Acss

Icon

• Administrators
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:46 AM

You've stabilised the defence which judging by the previous results was the number one priority. Hopefully you can kick on next season and start to challenge at the top of the table.

I hope so mate, thanks!

Nice  job tightening things up at the back. This seems like an extremely difficult challenge, but one you are up for :)

Thanks Nick :)

Just now got around to reading your story!  Interesting team and by the looks of things you arnt doing too bad!  Keep up the good work!

I appreciate, thanks!

What, a bug, in Acss's game?? Impossible! (Hooray for sarcasm)
But as you said better to ignore them if they don't interrupt any results.
You had a good season all things considered, and more importantly you have stabilized your defence which was number one priority. Now it's all about bringing in those extra quality players to better the stronger teams.

LoL mate :lol: Thanks for the comments!

A good start I'd say, especially considering how bad your defence was. But it looks live you've sorted it out now, good luck for the rest of the season!  :)

There's still much work ahead for sure, thanks!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users