FM14 Stories

Photo

[Fm 13] Journey In Brazil - Chapecoense - Copa Libertadores - Battling It Out In South America

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Wicklander

Wicklander

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:06 AM

I have focused a lot on my World Traveler save and have almost deleted it a lot of times but have just been getting somewhere to just let it go. With a lot of good youths. Especially up front (well it is Brazil :) ). You can find the old save here. This save started as a way to familiarize myself with the game. As with Santo Andre in FM 12 Chapecoense was the only team in the lower divisions without a manager. Santo Andre played with alot of big teams in the State Championships. But Chapecoense only had one First Division team and two from the Second Divison if I remember correctly. Which gave an unique testing ground for youths in the beginning of the season. with 80-90 games a season even backups get's playing time.

The goals was...

Team Goals

• Advance to the First Division
  • Win the Domestic League, State Championship and Brazilian Cup
  • Win the Copa Libertadores, Copa Sudamericana and Recopa
  • Be the most reputable team in Brazil and maybe South America. 

Player Goals

• Players older than 27 is always for sale. Can be delayed until end of season.
  • Youth to Gold Challange where I have to sell a player of every position in my tactic. To count they must come from the Academy or be bought before their 18th birthday.
    Positions/Roles: GK, DR, DL, DC, DC, BWM, DLP, ADV, IFR, IFL and ST
  • Youth to Gold Challange where I have to train and sell a player from every playable country. To count they have to have signed before they turn 18. Most countries have rules for players leaving before they are 18 so therefore the signed before 18 rule.
    Countries: Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru and Uruguay
  • A Youth to Gold Challange variant where I sell 1 player of each playable nation in South America. 
  • The player goals apply after I reach the First Division.

Rules for selling players

• Must be at least be 10x the buying prise.

History

2012 - Won Santa Catarina State. Won Third Divison

2013 - Won Santa Catarina State, Won Second Divison, Won Brazilian Cup

2014 - Won Santa Catarina State, Finished 6th in First Divison

2015 - Won Santa Catarina State, Won First Division, Won Brazilian Cup, Won Copa Sudamerica

Players

My youngsters

Spoiler

Grouped by Goal

Spoiler

I have a bunch of really promising players. I am convinced that in a few years I can reach my goals. :)

My Stories:

World Traveler - Currently with Guangzhou from China and New Zealand National Team.

Journey in Brazil - Working with Youths.

Tutorials

Tips When Writing a Story - Some basic tips for new writers.

Basic Editing with GIMP - Basic copy/paste turorial to save space with your images.

Story Ideas - A list of challanges for FM games. The Challanges are still valid but some examples may be out of date.

"The formula for winning games is to have a stable defence, hungry midfield and lethal strikers."

Websites (in swedish):

www.wicklander.se

#2 Pedro Fontan

Pedro Fontan

Icon

• Prince
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationStafford

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

Ninja is a great name for a player surely. I remember your story with Santo André where you just ripped it through Brazil. Hopefully you will emulate that now with Chapecoense.

Current Story- Uniao Atlético Povoense- Climbing the Pyramid
http://www.footballm...son-revolution/

Other Stories- Vasco da Gama FM Journey
http://www.footballm...e-introduction/

#3 Wicklander

Wicklander

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

Ninja is a great name for a player surely. I remember your story with Santo André where you just ripped it through Brazil. Hopefully you will emulate that now with Chapecoense.

Santo Andre is an even older save. I played with Chapecoense during the beginning of last year. So the last season with the I won the First Division, Brazilian Cup (2nd), Santa Catarina State (4th) and Copa Suamericana. My problem now is to fit in a lot of youngsters to play in the league. With so many game they will hopefully get som playing time. And hopefully still dominate Brazil.

Ninja is a great name I agree. I could have bought him just for that. :)

My Stories:

World Traveler - Currently with Guangzhou from China and New Zealand National Team.

Tutorials

Basic Editing with GIMP - Basic copy/paste turorial to save space with your images.

Story Ideas - A list of challanges for FM games. The Challanges are still valid but some examples may be out of date.

"The formula for winning games is to have a stable defence, hungry midfield and lethal strikers."

Websites (in swedish):

www.wicklander.se

#4 kevin

kevin

Icon

• FM13 Story of the Year
  • 1,669 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

Nice to see this one coming back :)

#5 Wicklander

Wicklander

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

Nice to see this one coming back :)

Thanks. I need some energy for my World Traveler save and this will make for nice break. :)

My Stories:

Tutorials

Websites (in swedish):

www.wicklander.se

#6 Wicklander

Wicklander

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

Santa Catarina State is a tournament in which I play a lot of my youth players. Last season they showed thay needed to be loaned out to gain experience. This time around a few is going to get a chance to play first-team football. And now. Santa Catarina State. 

Santa Catarina State

Santa Catarina is played in two phases with playoffs. The two teams with best points overall play each other in a State Final. Chapecoense has won this 5 times in a row. 4 with me in charge. 

Santa Catarina Phase 1 Group Stage

Not much to say really. We dominated every game. The Marcilio Dias game we did control the game but some new and young players was a little nervous. When we smashed Avai with 5-1 I was delighted as they are considered to be 3rd best tied with Ciricuma. 

66ps.gif

Santa Catarina Phase 1 Semi-Final

The team we are linked with. But they showed no mercy. We had the game the whole 90 minutes. We parked ourselves infront of their goal. We could easily scored a few more. 

iopo.gif

Santa Catarina Phase 1 Final

The first real challange. Figueirense put up a good fight. It was here that Emerson showed he was a great goalie to be. He saved us a few times. A small win was all that we needed to win Phase 1. 

1jf2.gif

Santa Catarina Phase 2 Group Stage

Not a big difference from the first phase. Now my youngsters was in good form. No less than 4 big wins and we were never challanged. 

ljb.gif

Santa Catarina Phase 2 Semi-Final

They used to be good. But I noticed they have an aging squad. Among them the assist record holder Wagner Diniz. But they had no spark in this game. We won comfortably with 3-1

uao.gif

Santa Catarina Phase 2 Final

It should not be possible to win a final with four goals. Somehow Figuereirense lost the semi-final. Another great game by Rafael. 

9v8.gif

Santa Catarina State Table

Well the table speaks for itself. My 2nd season with only wins before state final. 

uk9d.gif

Can we take another trophy home?

Santa Catarina State Final Leg 1

Despite us winning this game we had to fight for it. Figueirense wanted to get a good away game. But we had a good GD for the re-match. 

s1zu.gif

Santa Catarina State Final Leg 1

They got their first goal after only two minutes. But when we got to half-time I warned the players against complacency. They showed me that they showed me they were not any of the kind. Rafael again with two headers. 

umo7.gif

Records & Awards

Records

Most Games Won in a Row: 36

Most Games Without Losing: 96

Most Team Points: 66 (Again)

Most Team Goals: 91

Highest Avarage Attendence: 13399

Top Goalscorer: Rafael 26 Goals (previous record was 17)

Most Player of the Match: Rafael 7 Times

Awards

Best Player: Rafael

Golden Boot: Rafael

Young Player of the Year: Rafael

Manager of the Year: Nicklas Wicklander (5th in a row)

I believe you can see who everybody was talking about. ;)

Yougsters

As usual I could not help myself getting a few more youngsters. 

Spoiler

Carlinhos was the only one loaned out as he needed more match experience. The other I wanted to keep an eye on. Bahia was not the best choice for Carlinhos but he is really needed. 

So how did my other youngsters do?

Spoiler

Tutors

I had two problems. I needed a tutor for my goalkeepers. And I needed a player that could tutor Curls Ball. I solved both by loan. Renan Ribeiro I could loan because he was unhappy at relegated Atletico Mineiro. I loaned him over two years too. Caique was the best player that had Curls Ball. He was not a great playmaker but he could offload my other midfielders dureing game fatigue and he could literally play all positions except goalkeeper. He is unconvincing in most but is a great substitute to have. 

Conclusion

I have som more good news. My board seems to have a lot of confidence in me a accepted a lot of my requests. 

Spoiler

I even got a couple of offers from Flamengo, Santos, Botafogo and....

ph4z.gif

All teams was the same. They have struggled early in the First Division and in the their State Champs. The also wanted a shot at the title or close to it. 

Next up is the Copa Libertadores!

My Stories:

Tutorials

Websites (in swedish):

www.wicklander.se

#7 Dooley1990

Dooley1990

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:06 PM

Good to see this one make a comeback. Great form in the state championships too! I'd have expected Ninja to have better agility stats though  :P

#8 Wicklander

Wicklander

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

Good to see this one make a comeback. Great form in the state championships too! I'd have expected Ninja to have better agility stats though  :P

Yeah, one would think a ninja would have better agility. But that could be why he choose football instead. ;) Libertadores up next. :)

My Stories:

Tutorials

Websites (in swedish):

www.wicklander.se

#9 Wicklander

Wicklander

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

I've just finished Copa Libertadores. In-game the competition is dominated by brazilian teams. In all 5 finals 3 of the 10 teams have been non-brazilian. So I was confident as last year I've beaten most of them. As winners we were drawn directly to the group stage.

Copa Libertadores

The big one in South America. Has been around since the 1960s. Varying somewhat in size and format. So how did we do? I got Cruz Azul from Mexico, Danubio from Uruguay and Deportivo Tachira from Venezuela. All of whom I should beat.

Copa Libertadore Group Stage

First up was Cruz Azul and we started the match shaky. The players was not used to the continental play and we had the pressure as the champions of Brazil to do well. We scored an early goal but we did not got the game completely under control and had a few chances against us.

Next was Danubio away and this time we were more prepared. We controlled the game througout as we normally do. Renen Teixeira scored a fine long range effort. Tinga made a great goal shooting on a volley from Negueba.

At home again we took on Deportivo. Diogo was back in form with two great goals. The first was a great dribble with a well placed shot. Artur scored from a crossing that went straight into goal. After this game I was thinking of promoting Diogo to the first team because of his great from.

pv3s.gif

In the return gam against Deportivo Diogo continued on his form and scored another two goals. He had chances on more goals but Deportivo put up more of a fight this time around.

The Danubio game continued in the same way. Diogo with further three goals. Not much more to say we really deserved the game. I think I counted 6-7 times were the commentor said somenthing like "Can Danubio weather the storm." or "Chapocoense keps the pressure on Danubio." We laid siege on their goal.

We got a shock in the Cruz Azul game. We lost in a game were we should had more control of the ball. They deserved their win. We ha lost in form.

ndaz.gif

Copa Libertadores 2nd Round vs Nacional

Nacional have a great winger/striker named Mattias Noble. I've been after this guy since the start but he refused. So this match was a little personal. As he had refused because Chapecoense was not big enough. At home we only got a 1 goal lead. I was not happy but we were leading. Away they score early and the game was drawn. Diogo had gotten in bad form and was benched the first and second game. But I substituted him in during the second game and he scored the winning goal for us.

a3k.gif

Copa Libertadores Qtr Final vs Corinthians

I have struggles with Corinthians before. But that did not show at home in a crushing win with Tello as striker. In the return game I put Diogo in again. We did not get any control in a game against a strong Corinthinas side. But we survived with 3-2 over two games.

uwi.gif

Copa Libertadores Semi Final vs Monterrey

We got the Mexican side Monterrey up next. They had made it to semi final on 1 goal wins and a strong defense. It showed as we only scored on corners and one long range effort by Luciano Regerio. Tinga showed great skill in corner scrambles as he scored after the initial header.

35u.gif

Copa Libertadores Semi Final vs Internacional

Internacional has gone from strength to strength abroad. They had the leading scorer on their team and did not show any weakness in the previous stages. That was gone here. Tello got an early goal and Fabiano followed suit. Away we started with an early goal by the returning Diogo. Fabiano was on a spree scored from just outside of the box.

9pfy.gif

Winners of Copa Libertadores!

Diogo made a great start to the tournament but faded a little later. Tinga along with Fabiano had a great tournament. Edson Edmar my central defender is thought to be player of the tournament but lost to the Top Goalscorer from Internacional.

Conclusion

I am very happy with the season so far. My youngsters shows great improvements and most do really well in the clubs I loaned them to. They have "One of the best player on the field" comments on almost every report. For some reason I think I will compete in the Copa Sudamericana because I won it last time. So Copa Suamericana with the Brazilian Cup and First Division I have only started this season. :)

My Stories:

Tutorials

Websites (in swedish):

www.wicklander.se

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users