FM14 Stories

Photo

Choices To Be Made

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Who to manage (assuming I am offered the jobs) (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Assuming I am offered the jobs, what would you do.

1. Sign a new contract with Palace (3rd in 2016/17), enjoy the Champions League and try to make them a permanent force in the Premier League (5 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

2. Accept the Man Utd (5th in 2016/17) job and try to challenge for the title and enjoy the Europa League (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Accept the Tottenham (8th in 2016/17) job and try to break into the top 4 (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MVB

MVB

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:54 AM

As many of you who has followed my previous stories will know after a few seasons I often end up added a second human manager to my game and FM14 is no different.

I started out managing my beloved Newcastle United and have assembled a squad of young and talented players.

It was at the end of the 2015/16 season that I decided to add my second manager and took over Crystal Palace who Harry Redknapp had managed to promotion via the playoffs before retiring from the game.

So to start the 2016/17 season saw me manage Newcastle and Crystal Palace both with very different objectives. I made a number of loan signings with Palace and snapped up some freebies who have gone on to play a huge role in the season. While Newcastle completed a treble with the league, FA Cup and Champions League winging their way to St James’ Park, Palace were surprising many (including myself) with a run of form that saw them compete with the big boys over the course of the season. Some of the highlights of the season were a run to the League Cup ¼ final, and impressive league wins, with the stand out games coming in the shape of the 4-1 home win over Chelsea, and a 3-2 home win over Man City towards the very end of the season. These surprising wins and good form saw Palace finish in 3rd, that’s right 3rd, with Champions League qualification and everything.

However, this has thrown up a few issues, firstly when I took over I was only granted a one year contract with Palace and it is due to expire at the end of June. The board have tried to offer me a new deal but I have insisted on certain things, like improving training ground and youth team as part of any deal and as it stands a new deal has yet to be agreed. Also, as the season has now finished, Man Utd have just sacked Moyes after he only managed 5th in the league (lost out to Chelsea in the last game of the season) and Tottenham have just sacked Michael Laudrup. Both jobs have been linked to the Palace manager and I am unsure what to do, when/if I am offered a new job.

So I need your help, assuming I am offered the jobs, should I:

1. Stick with Palace and sign a new contract and enjoy the Champions League.
  2. Take the Man Utd job and try to win the Europa League, and get back to challenging for the Premier League.
  3. Take the Spurs job and try to break into the top 4.

Cast your votes and let me know.

Thanks

MVB

FM lover since it all began, creator of set pieces and tactics. Love to find a little gem and much prefer signing youth players than splashing big bucks!

No live story on the forum but I do have a FM14 story managing both my beloved Newcastle and Crystal Palace. Just finished 2016/17 season with Newcastle finishing 1st and Palace 3rd :o 

Need your help to decide what to do next:

http://www.footballm...to-be-made/page-

#2 Wicklander

Wicklander

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

Voted for continuing the Palace job. :)

My Stories:

World Traveler - Currently with Guangzhou from China and New Zealand National Team.

Journey in Brazil - Working with Youths.

Tutorials

Tips When Writing a Story - Some basic tips for new writers.

Basic Editing with GIMP - Basic copy/paste turorial to save space with your images.

Story Ideas - A list of challanges for FM games. The Challanges are still valid but some examples may be out of date.

"The formula for winning games is to have a stable defence, hungry midfield and lethal strikers."

Websites (in swedish):

www.wicklander.se

#3 Tracz88

Tracz88

Squad member

• King
  • 265 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:20 AM

Id stick with palace mate

#4 MVB

MVB

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

Voted for continuing the Palace job. :)

Id stick with palace mate

Cheers for the votes lads, I have saved my game at a vital point, not saying if it is a job or contract extension that has been offered but I'll keep the vote open until Friday night and make the decision on Saturday.

FM lover since it all began, creator of set pieces and tactics. Love to find a little gem and much prefer signing youth players than splashing big bucks!

No live story on the forum but I do have a FM14 story managing both my beloved Newcastle and Crystal Palace. Just finished 2016/17 season with Newcastle finishing 1st and Palace 3rd :o 

Need your help to decide what to do next:

http://www.footballm...to-be-made/page-

#5 Ryan Patricius

Ryan Patricius

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:06 AM

COYS

Irish Eyes Are Smiling

Waterford United