#1 Ana Garcia

Ana Garcia

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

Hola or indeed hello to everyone!

So once again I said I would take a break until next year but having been bought the new game as an early Christmas present I decided to start a new game and one team stood out more than any other.

Many of you know that I was born in Spain in Barcelona which is half right I guess! I did live in Barcelona but I wasn't strictly born there as I born just a few miles away in L'Hospitalet de Llobregat is still technically Barcelona and is actually one of the most populated cities around!

When I lived there it wasnt as it is now, it was a really poor area and now is improved so much is like a new place and for me is the place I would call home. Some family still live there and is the place I feel most comfortable so what better place to write a story, my home country and my home town.

------------------------

HospitaletInfo2013_zps6c273062.jpg

Centre d'Esports l'Hospitalet, which can be shortened to Hospitalet for all you English writers or you can add the L'Hospitalet for the correct way of saying!

I was born and lived here for maybe six or seven years and some of the rivals we have are places I also lived but mostly Badalona which is where I lived until we moved away so for me is not a rival. ;)

Facil2013_zpsdfb38d1a.jpg

Nice stadium and a lot better facilities than my previous journey in Turkey, in fact we actually have good training facilities and a perfect pitch which is not grass but is ok a much better starting point than previous games I have done.

Balance2013_zps492455e0.jpg

The finances look not too bad but this is Spain and economically the country is not doing so good which is another reason that I wanted to start here and rebuild using my own personal style of managing the finances as well as I can.

ClubOverview2013_zpsefc314f8.jpg

The team is actually pretty good and a little fun fact is that this team actually won their division last season! A little more about the structure below but lets just say they lost in the playoffs so failed on promotion so what fun I will have! :)

I guess is tricky to pick out the best players as I think David Haro is probably my best player but I will go with what the game says in the on loan (from Barca!) Jordi Quintilla and forward Kabiru Akinsola (You can click there names for their profile pictures).

Leaguerules2013_zpseb23ffec.jpg

Ok here we go the incredibly confusing Spanish lower league rules! We always try to keep them as confusing as possible is just the Spanish way I guess!

The squad rules are easy no squad bigger than 22 players and a maximum of 16 players aged 23+ meaning we need a minimum of six under 23 players easy maths right!

This is to ensure we use our youth academies and sign younger players and also keep squads small to save money which is a pretty good idea when you think about it.

Now the league rules is actually quite simple but try and put yourself in my position a fluent Spanish speaker in a second language trying to explain to a majority of English speakers as their first language, is hard right! So I do apologise if is a little hard to follow but I will do my very best. :)

So division two (Segunda Division B where we are now) is split into four groups, each group contains 20 teams so is a total of eighty teams. They are divided into regions so for example Catalunya is obviously where we are being from Barcelona so is group three and all the teams in our group are based around there.

Group two is teams from the Basque and surrounding areas and so on so, the playoffs are even more complicated so I guess is better to explain if I can get their is easy I hope!

Background2013_zps030e1222.jpg

So the final picture and a really nice summary of our club, my hometown club! My aims so far are unclear I guess is just to build this team my way and to play back in Spain something I havent done since my Real Union story over 5 years or so (In real life!), I think is a good time to come back!

As you all know this story will be slowish due to my incredible slow typing and the constant struggle for free time so it will be an update every week or so which is an acceptable pace I guess, as always any questions you have feel free to ask and hopefully is an interesting team and place for you to read, follow and fingers crossed enjoy. :)

Edit - Corrected most of my horrible English, I think! :) (Is no auto-correct again as I try to improve my English!)

ForumLink2_zps87482062.jpg

#2 RedVendetta

RedVendetta

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

An epic begins. Best of luck Ana, nothing more satisfying than bringing a local club to glory. Looking forward to it already!

#3 Acss

Acss

Icon

• Administrators
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

As always it should be an interesting read :)

I hope that FM14 will prove to be a smooth experience, best of luck in your challenge and cheers for a good start!

Posted Image

#4 Chris/Morozov95

Chris/Morozov95

Squad member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

Good luck Ana!

I remember doing an FM13 save with Cartagena, winning one of the Segunda B divisions but not getting promoted because we didn't win the correct playoff phase! I was absolutely gutted at the time. :(

Looks like the club has very good training facilities considering what division they are in. :)

FM Mentality - "Never take your foot off the pedal."

Come over and read my Aldershot Town story here

#5 Jake Lenahan

Jake Lenahan

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts
  • LocationManchester

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

Best of luck Ana. Always best when you go back and write a story from your roots :)

#6 AlexSizemore

AlexSizemore

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationSt.Louis, Missouri

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:46 PM

Looks like a great team you got there!  cant wait for more!  Keep it up!

#7 Nick Fenn

Nick Fenn

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • LocationJackson Hole, Wyoming

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:20 AM

Best of luck, I will follow this until the end :)

"In Portugal, we say the bigger the ship, the stronger the storm. Fortunately for me, I have always been in big ships."- Jose Mourinho

Follow My AFC Wimbledon Story: http://www.footballm...p-introduction/

XikCOt.jpg

#8 LFC Jack

LFC Jack

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • LocationLancashire, England

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:27 AM

Good to have you back writing Ana! I've got no doubt that it will be another quality story, good luck!  :)

d4yOmCW.jpg?1

FM15 Story

Creating History

FM14 Story

The Leipzig New Boys

#9 NikoZolo

NikoZolo

Squad member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:43 AM

Great idea! I didn't know that this club was so close to the Primera!? What are your predictions for the first few seasons? I assume you will have to fight it out with other Spanish Giant's "B" teams yes? Best of luck and looking forward to it!

#10 Johnny Karp

Johnny Karp

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 858 posts
  • LocationBucharest

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:21 AM

Yay, great to see you back in action Ana! :) 

Hospitalet is a great choice, should be a fine journey. You should get Barcelona as a parent club given the geographical vicinity. Best of luck! 

Buena suerte! 

“When we have the ball, we can’t lose it. And when that happens, run and get it back. That is it, basically." - Pep Guardiola

FootballManagerStory.com

#11 kevin

kevin

Icon

• FM13 Story of the Year
  • 1,669 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:49 AM

Hey Ana

That was a short break but I'm so pleased it was :) You must heave been reading my mind as I was shopping in Metro (like Tescos) a couple of days ago I was thinking about you and another "Spain story". What a great choice by the way!

#12 Edward Bomb

Edward Bomb

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

Best of luck with this, I can't wait to see how the story unfolds.

torrevieja-sig.png

Twitter

@edwardbomb

FM15 stories

Foligno Calcio - Little Hawks - A Foligno story Nil Satis Nisi Optimum - An Everton story

FM14 stories

Yugoslavia Challenge Die Kartoffelkäfer - An Aachen Story Here Come The Fish - A Santos Story

#13 resoag

resoag

Backup player

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

Hell yeah :) I will definetely follow that :D

B389d60.jpg

#14 Pedro Roriz

Pedro Roriz

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

chica, muy bueno ler una nueva storia sua!

we're ready for more epicness! bring it on! ;)

as for the city's name, for me (an 'almost' spanish speaker) it is a bit non-spanish. it sounds more like french. tenéis palavras que terminan con t?

hasta luego!

#15 Ainvar

Ainvar

Backup player

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:30 PM

What a great choice of team, it leave a very nice future ahead! And as Johnny pointed out, a partnership with Barça would represent a huge boost for the club :).

Good luck!

#16 Pedro Fontan

Pedro Fontan

Icon

• Prince
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationStafford

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

as for the city's name, for me (an 'almost' spanish speaker) it is a bit non-spanish. it sounds more like french. tenéis palavras que terminan con t?

hasta luego!

Because the club is based in Barcelona (Catalunya) i am guessing because L'Hospitalet is based in this area the club's name is in catalunyan!! Catalunyan is sort of a variation of the spanish language (they'd kill me for saying that xD) so it is similar to spanish but different!! To me it looks like a mix of Spanish and French

• Pedro Roriz likes this

Current Story- Uniao Atlético Povoense- Climbing the Pyramid
http://www.footballm...son-revolution/

Other Stories- Vasco da Gama FM Journey
http://www.footballm...e-introduction/

#17 Pedro Fontan

Pedro Fontan

Icon

• Prince
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationStafford

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

Really looking forward to seeing how this turns out! If your previous stories are anything to go by it will be very very good!!

I enjoyed going "back to my roots" with Povoense so i really hope you enjoy it as much as i did

Current Story- Uniao Atlético Povoense- Climbing the Pyramid
http://www.footballm...son-revolution/

Other Stories- Vasco da Gama FM Journey
http://www.footballm...e-introduction/

#18 Jack

Jack

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

People say an FM career is better when the club has a meaning to you, and this one certainly does. Good luck :)

My Pentagon Challenge Story

"I certainly wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one" - Brian Clough

#19 Pedro Roriz

Pedro Roriz

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

hasta luego!

Because the club is based in Barcelona (Catalunya) i am guessing because L'Hospitalet is based in this area the club's name is in catalunyan!! Catalunyan is sort of a variation of the spanish language (they'd kill me for saying that xD) so it is similar to spanish but different!! To me it looks like a mix of Spanish and French

i thought as much. but if we're right, i was totally unaware of the fact that catalunyan resembles french, ignorant me. both spain and portugal have so many dialets, it is really interesting. i once heard a man from valencia talking and he used his tongue in every "s" and "c", it was really different from what i knew at the time. coincidently, we were talking about football and he was talking about zubizaretta ("dsth"ubi"dzth"aretta) being waaay better than valencia's canizares (cani"dzh"ares) ^_^  maaan, there were so much tongue in that sentence it made it impossible for me, who doesn't speak spanish well, to understand. we're used to portuñol here, the mix of our language and the south american spanish, which is way easier for our ears.

#20 Darren Smith

Darren Smith

Icon

• Administrators
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

When a team means so much it makes the story so much better, can't wait for this Ana, good luck.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users