1 reply to this topic

#1 King Midas

King Midas

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:13 AM

This is the first time that I have ever posted on a website let alone a forum but I love Football Manager so much that I figured I would give it a go.  I started playing FM about three years ago and have loved every minute of it. I used a lot of the tactics and advice proferred up by members here on this forum.  I figured I would give back a little bit by sharing a few of my tactics and eventually posting some of my FM stories.

Il Amore was created about a month out of my frustration of never being able to get the 4-2-3-1 to work on FM13.  On FM12 I was able to get a really good one working but FM13 basically ruined that. I tried several different versions of the 4-2-3-1 to no avail.  About a month ago I decided I needed to create a system of play to encourage my players to adopt.  The first of three tactics in this system is known as Il Amore due to my love for the game.  It is a quick tactic with a fairly direct level of passing.  The team presses pretty hard and the defensive line is usually pretty high.

The Goalkeeper is a simple GK in a defend role with limited creativity and defensive mentality.  I loved the sweeper keeper role but it never works for me in FM13 so I just stick with tradition here.

My fullbacks actually operate in a wingback role with the Automatic setting.  Their job is to defend and get forward when possible.  When they get forward they are to hug the line and cross the ball from the byline toward the center.

The centrebacks are in two roles; a central defender with defend role and a ball playing defender in a stopper role.  The job is basically for one to solely defend with the other acting more like a very defensive anchor man.  He is to attack the ball while the other is to be the last line of defense.

Most of the work is done through my central midfield.  One is a deep lying playmaker in a defend role and the other is just a central midfielder on an automatic role.  The idea is one to be the distributor of the ball with the other moving fluidly between defending and attacking.  The CM is also there to arrive in the box late and will work in tandem very well with the AMC.  Neither of the CMs are to take long shots.  Long shots in FM13 rarely work for me so I gave up on it a long time ago.

I have three attacking midfielders; an AML and an AMR in the inside forward role and an AMC in the attacking midfield role (set to support).  The idea is for the AMC to act as playmaker and striker, distributing the ball between the AML, AMR, and striker.  The AML and AMR will cut inside and cross on occassion.  Their main job is penetrate the opposition's back line and either score or pass it to one of four other players to score.  As long as these guys are not too selfish, it works very well.  Basically I let my AMs get creative in attack.

Finally, I operate with a lone striker.  In reality it's more like I have four strikers but there is only one who sits on the opposition's backline on a consistent basis.  He operates as an Advanced Forward and is there to score goals.  Pending on his passing level, he may see it fit to assist goals as well but he is mainly there to score.

Attached File  IlAmorePart1.png   248.63KB   1 downloads

As for success, I tested it with Southampton for a season and 8 games and then about 3 games with Manchester United (and counting).  So far I've played 53 games, won 37, drew 11, and lost 5.  We scored a total of 111 goals and conceded 43.  More to prove my point about the success of this tactic, half of my Southampton time was done with Paulo Gazzaniga as Boruc was badly injured (and did not come back from it).  I also was without Gaston Ramirez, Rickie Lambert, Nathaniel Clyne, and Adam Lllana for around 6 months each.

Please let me know what you think.  If anyone wants me to post the tactic here, just let me know and I will provide it.  Enjoy!!

#2 Jack

Jack

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

Very nice record with Southampton there mate, looks good. With regards to what you were saying about long shots, it is quite rare but and you need to have a player with all the right stats to have them worth implementing. The best at them I've had on this years game is D'Allesandro, who is just a machine! As I say it looks very good, but I'd put the full-backs on defend personally  :)

My Pentagon Challenge Story

"I certainly wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one" - Brian Clough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users