68 replies to this topic

#41 kevin

kevin

Icon

• FM13 Story of the Year
  • 1,657 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

That's handy to have no school :) Best of luck with Southampton!

#42 Jack

Jack

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

Hey my school is on strike on Thursday as well  :lol: . I won't be playing the BETA though, I'm going to wait until FM14 comes out as a full game, which is in my half-term  ;)  

My Pentagon Challenge Story

"I certainly wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one" - Brian Clough

#43 GChaddah98

GChaddah98

Legend

• Tactical Master
  • 2,682 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, England

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

Hey guys,

So the full release of football manager is here for another year. The beta has been out for over a fortnight now and I must admit its had me hooked more then ever before.

I've played a lot of the game with newcastle just to get to grips with the game and due to playing till the early hours with it being half term I've played 3 seasons!

So anyway I'm currently away until tomorrow but when I get back I will finally start my Southampton game. I've already took a look at the squad ect and ect and worked out who I can sell and buy... This however was all done in the early stages of the beta so may have changed. The reason I wanted to wait is because I just wanted to get to grips with the game and find out the best wonderkids as well as waiting for the match engine to be sorted and sometime to make a tactic now all that is over theirs nothing left bar to start the story which I hope I can do sometime this weekend if I find the time.

Until then take care a enjoy the game!

#44 GChaddah98

GChaddah98

Legend

• Tactical Master
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

q4ju.png

Hello everyone and welcome to my first FM 14 story with Southampton. The game has now been out for a fortnight and I must say I've been loving it. I've done 3 seasons already with Newcastle, winning the Premier League, FA Cup,  League Cup and 2 Champions Leagues :)

I'm now getting used to the game which was the idea of the save so I was able to star this save with more of an idea of the save. I started this save last night and I'm really enjoying it so far. I was debating if I was actually going to write it up but sometimes you just have to go for it eh ;)

Introduction to Southampton

This post won't cover any transfers or results of any sort, nothing but just getting you all introduced to the club and what they're all about alongside my ambitions as well as my tactics ect ect. 

Before I show you what I have at my disposal financial wise, let me show you the fantastic facilitates I get to work with. The stadium is St Marys which holds 33000 seats but then things get exciting. The club are known for their fantastic up bringing of youth, players like Theo Walcott, Alex Chamberlain and of course Gareth Bale. Most recently players to have received praise are such of Luke Shaw and James - Ward Prowse. My goal will be to develop a lot of players using these. 

eg4o.png

Now let's see what the board expect from us... They are giving me £4 million pounds for a mid-table finish which is reasonable from them but I would have preferred more. They also expect us to play fluid attacking football just like my tactic instructs as well as sign and develop young players. 

s06b.png

So here's my tactic which has worked very well so far...

184s.png

And here's the squad I have to work with which is very talented and has a lot of potential. 

oo8u.png

rvm1.png

Okay so that is all for episode 1, next time you will see which players came out and went out of the club as well as the pre - season friendlies and how the squad is shaping up. Until then thanks all for reading and I'll see you again soon. 

#45 kevin

kevin

Icon

• FM13 Story of the Year
  • 1,657 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

Very useful to have such excellent facilities and a fairly good squad to get you going too!

#46 Darren Smith

Darren Smith

Icon

• Administrators
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

Good luck.

Posted Image

#47 mufcvarun

mufcvarun

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon Tyne

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

Good looking squad which can hopefully can take the Saints to Europe. :)

Please read my story: You'll Never Walk Alone

"It is unfortunate but I am the manager of the most famous club in the world. Not Newcastle, a wee club in the north east. - Sir Alex Ferguson

#48 Ainvar

Ainvar

Backup player

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

Very good looking setting you have, squad is already deep but of course you need to improve the quality if needed, from what I see you only have three players able to play the AM© role while you use two wide AMs, so maybe it's needed to work there? :) Other than that I think you can match the board's requests - good luck mate!

#49 Jack

Jack

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

You've got a good squad there, good luck getting to Europe.

My Pentagon Challenge Story

"I certainly wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one" - Brian Clough

#50 JonCrosby

JonCrosby

Squad member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

After going to watch fulham play southampton away just last week, southampton have got a quality team! hopefully you can take them that one step further. 

Posted Image

#51 Karl Deighton

Karl Deighton

First team player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • LocationTelford,England

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

Good luck with Southampton, they've been really interesting to watch this season and hopefully you can replicate their current form in the game

#52 NikoZolo

NikoZolo

Squad member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

Best of Luck!!! You have a talented squad and boy that tactic looks familiar ;) (gave me plenty of good seasons for NUFC in FM13 and FM12)! Looking forward to you getting started!

#53 GChaddah98

GChaddah98

Legend

• Tactical Master
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

Very useful to have such excellent facilities and a fairly good squad to get you going too!

Yeah, the set up at the club is very good.

#54 GChaddah98

GChaddah98

Legend

• Tactical Master
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

Good luck.

Thanks Darren.

#55 GChaddah98

GChaddah98

Legend

• Tactical Master
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

Good looking squad which can hopefully can take the Saints to Europe. :)

Hopefully I can, cheers :)

#56 GChaddah98

GChaddah98

Legend

• Tactical Master
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

Very good looking setting you have, squad is already deep but of course you need to improve the quality if needed, from what I see you only have three players able to play the AM© role while you use two wide AMs, so maybe it's needed to work there? :) Other than that I think you can match the board's requests - good luck mate!

Yeah, definitley some cover needed but 4 million isn't exactly going to set the world algiht so it may be hard this season.

#57 GChaddah98

GChaddah98

Legend

• Tactical Master
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

You've got a good squad there, good luck getting to Europe.

Thanks Jack.

#58 GChaddah98

GChaddah98

Legend

• Tactical Master
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

After going to watch fulham play southampton away just last week, southampton have got a quality team! hopefully you can take them that one step further.

Thanks for commenting Jon, hope you had a good away trip down to Southampton, shame about the result.

#59 GChaddah98

GChaddah98

Legend

• Tactical Master
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

Good luck with Southampton, they've been really interesting to watch this season and hopefully you can replicate their current form in the game

Thanks Karl, they've been brillaint so far this season so hopefully I can follow suit. Great to see you back around here mate :)

#60 GChaddah98

GChaddah98

Legend

• Tactical Master
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

Best of Luck!!! You have a talented squad and boy that tactic looks familiar ;) (gave me plenty of good seasons for NUFC in FM13 and FM12)! Looking forward to you getting started!

Thanks mate. I've used this tactic for a while not but it's not as effective this year... I sense a tactical change could be on the hoirzon :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users