#1 MRDNRA

MRDNRA

Squad member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationLeicester, England

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

So the above tactics are 3 tactics I'm currently using on a save with Leicester. I have used a few more but recently (as in, the season before last), my main tactic had become 5-3-2, although it was struggling for consistency at times. I then had someone suggest 2-4-3-1 on a facebook FM group, and from that devised a more attacking 2-3-3-2 (which is actually something of a cross between the 5-3-2 and 2-4-3-1).

So I suppose I should start with the 5-3-2:

ogx4.png

What I would call an atypical formation featuring just 2 centre backs, and while it gave reasonable success once I got promoted to the premier league, I switched to 2-4-3-1 at the beginning of last season:

2yna.png

Now I'm sure you're thinking "counter attacking with short passing?" Well when I first started using this formation after it was suggested I wasn't totally convinced about it myself, however, at one point we were pretty much unbeatable, finishing the season (my 4th in the premier league) in 3rd place with 6 losses, of which 3 came in the last 3 matches! The one problem I occasionally found was that we weren't scoring huge numbers of goals (I think only 2 or 3 matches we scored more than 3 in the whole season). I suppose the best way to think of this tactic is a counter attacking control strategy (and often we ended up with over 55% possession).

At the beginning of my current season I decided, partly out of necessity (5 strikers with Neal Maupay being the best at 19 or 20 years old, all the others also future prospects) and partly out of wanting to score more against "weaker" opposition, I came up with 2-3-3-2:

xq3e.png

It is fair to say it's not been the most consistently successful formation, particularly defensively (early in the season we faced the 3 newly promoted sides in quick succession, from the first 2 of those getting just 1 point!).

I shall post more pics of results later, but I would welcome some suggestions or analysis of these formations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users