simonisme

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm fairly new to FM2013.. but I have played around a bit and starting to understand the general idea.

After reading around on this very nice site I also learned a ton of things.

I'm playing Tottenham and it's going fairly well..

However I just played a European league game against Lazio and I won with 4-6.

The problem is, the 4 goals lazio scored were 4 goals my defenders, defended out of the box and one of my other players heads the ball back in the box???? all 4 of their goals... Each time some player heads it back into the box???

I'm playing attacking, very fluid, I have set-up my tactics according to the guides I found on this website. Overall it's going good, but defensively it's not going 100%...

My central defenders Vertonghen = Limited defender - Kaboul = Ball playing defender.

my backs are wing backs - support.

Or are my defenders simply not good enough? They should be more then decent.

any advice is welcome, thanks in advance.

banneronline_zpsfdd13674.jpg

#2 Jake Lenahan

Jake Lenahan

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts
  • LocationManchester

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

Try changing your centre backs to Central Defenders (Defend) as player roles. Keep it simple :)

Also, you seem to be more attack minded so maybe that is part of the problem? Try experimenting with 'Fluid' instead to keep your formation more rigid. It's all about finding the right combination and experimenting with your tactics is part of that.

Good luck!

#3 Wicklander

Wicklander

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

I find matching the right type of defenders against the right type of striker/playmaker to be key. The fast defender versus the strong. The mental aspect is almost the same in both.

Talking about tactics simple is often better as mentioned. :)

My Stories:

World Traveler - Currently with Guangzhou from China and New Zealand National Team.

Journey in Brazil - Working with Youths.

Tutorials

Tips When Writing a Story - Some basic tips for new writers.

Basic Editing with GIMP - Basic copy/paste turorial to save space with your images.

Story Ideas - A list of challanges for FM games. The Challanges are still valid but some examples may be out of date.

"The formula for winning games is to have a stable defence, hungry midfield and lethal strikers."

Websites (in swedish):

www.wicklander.se

#4 Ryan

Ryan

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

If you play with a high defensive line then try moving it back a bit deeper and going into the specific player instructions and fiddle with their controls to be very simple minded defenders and not to be creative or over elaborative. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users