Best FM 2013 Stories: Dan’s Newcastle Journey
written by Johnny Karp
There are so many great FM 2013 stories in our forum that it’s almost impossible to choose which one to feature here first. So I left the numbers decide and today you will know more about the FM 2013 story with the most views: it’s Dan’s Newcastle story, which amassed more than 15,000 views so far. Let’s see what the manager achieved so far.
- Finished 6th in the Barclays Premier League but very close to finishing 4th, they would have needed a win on the last day against Wigan but it ended 0-0.
- Reached the Capital One Cup semi final which was lost on aggregate to Arsenal.
- Lost the FA Cup final against Everton on penalties.
- Failed to reach the Europa League group stage.
- Finished 3rd in the Premier League.
- Lost the Capital One Cup final on penalties.
- Won the FA Cup.
- Finished 3rd in the Premier League
- Got to the last eight of both domestic cups.
- Defeated by Lyon in the Champions League final.
- Won the Premier League with a juicy points tally of 89.
- Lost in the Capital One Cup final.
- Won the FA Cup.
- Defeated in the Champions League semi final by Real Madrid.
- Won the Premier League title for the second time in a row.
- Defeated in the Capital One Cup final (again!).
- Knocked out in the 4th round of the FA Cup.
- Lost in the Champions League final to Juventus.
Dan is preparing the sixth season now, but he did find some time to answer a few quick questions. Enjoy the interview:
Johnny: What is the best signing you have made in this career?
Dan: The one that stands out for me is Erik Lamela. The reason for this is because I signed him on a free and he is quality. He has created loads of goals and is regularly on the scoresheet. Another one of my favourites is Rodrigo, he was quite cheap for a player of his quality and every season he has top scored for us.
Johnny: And the worst signing?
Dan: For me that has got to be Sebastian Corchia, I think I signed him 3rd season but I may be wrong there. He is the worst because I spent so much on him 18 million pounds! He rarely got a rating over 7.0. I signed him because one of mates had shown me how good he had turned out on his FM save. I have now sold him for 6 million pounds so I made a loss of 12 million pounds.
Johnny: What are your future plans for the save?
Dan: The short term goal is to win the Champions League. Long term I want this save to go on as long as possible and become the best team in Europe.
I hope you have enjoyed this as much as I’m enjoying the stories in the forum.
The founder and co-owner of the website, a Romanian Football Manager addict. He’s been playing the game since CM ’97-’98, never missed any of the versions since then. His footballing career stopped before it began, he liked playing the game but disliked having to run around like crazy during the pretty harsh training sessions. He’s a supporter of the Romanian national team, Universitatea Craiova, Arsenal, Barcelona and… the Blyth Spartans! You can contact him at johnny[at]footballmanagerstory[dot]com